TsunamiMod for Kyros1024

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Hello All .
I just ported this for the community. Thanks to tlbardelljr, Team Flashback over at Slatedroid,Steev for his awesome scripts and flxrms & Lfom for fixes and other behind the scene help.
This is the latest tsunami rom built for the hero tab modified for use on our Coby Kyros Mid1024 with 1024N board.

So Warning flash at your own risk,knowing that you void your warranty and that you are responsible for your device.

Installation

It is recommended that you Format your microSD to FAT32 mode to make sure the card is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.

1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy the contents to the root folder of a microSD from your pc or laptop.
3. Insert the microSD card in the external slot and start your tablet while pressing the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.
4. Once rom is flashed ,Tablet will shut off, just restart

Original thread here[ROM] Tsunami - Gingerbread V1.2 11/24/11 [Herotab C8] - SlateDroid.com
with Change logs and screenshots

CHANGES

Added the following:
replaced modules
added Home Button Fix
added set_bootargs(kyros1024)
added u-boot.arg (kyros1024)
added u-boot.bin (kyros1024)
disabled aigo lockscreen
modified utscript.sh
modified bootlogo

TsunamiMod_Coby-1024 ver1.2
MD5: ptwpk1fZRsRgnNocTf9wXg
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dqvvdx5uc1i6ol9

TsunamiMod_Coby-1024 ver1.1 original release
MD5: C1C+Zog2A3D2JLd/QItW6A
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?adttrvakdidh71v

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Hmmm... ill have to test this one tomorrow

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Can someone please confirm if Google syncing is working flawlessly as well as Cordy game? I think both need a full 2.3.3 build in order to work (Cordy is freezing here with GingerLF V1.2, reset is needed).

Also, any known issue or bug? Thanks. ;)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I know it took my account info but I dont use Gmail or such. am downloading Cordy now.

Cordy started Fine. dont have time to play it though.

not really fond of the boot animation or the battery icon. those are my first modifications.

Last edited:

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
It s posted on the other forum that google sync breaks after 33hours or so, not really sure how to confirm

Cordy locks up tablet at different places within the game have to reset tablet to use again :(

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It s posted on the other forum that google sync breaks after 33hours or so, not really sure how to confirm

Cordy locks up tablet at different places within the game have to reset tablet to use again :(

Thanks for the reply. Did you find a way to make sure it is really 2.3.3 or just uses its fingerprint in build.prop?

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Not sure what team flashback based this rom from. I also don't think this firmware is the latest. I think he just released it early because there was a lot of turmoil between the devs well one in particular and the forum was very negative.I'll keep searching but they newer firmwares are for the 1.2ghz chipsets

Edit: Check out this link as it gives a little insight between the differences between the builds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#2.3.x_Gingerbread

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
So I swapped back to lfom's rom. Didn't care for the fonts as much as I thought I would..

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've just installed ver1.2 for testings purposes. You did a good job, congrats. :)

My personal considerations about the Tsunami ROM:
- I think it's still 2.3 (I am looking ar Android System version in Settings -> Applications to determine the real OS version, please correct me if I am wrong);
- the fake BIOS animation during boot is... fake. Obviously there is no dual core CPU, etc. And the blinking logo... I personally prefer simple things (or at least real);
- I think busybox is somehow broken, I didn't get the colored ls listing like I did before, and some terminal commands like df don't behave like AllDro2/MPMAN ROM;
- I think OpenGL is also broken: vendor folder is empty and I didn't find pvrsvrinit used to start the graphics server;
- Some inconsistencies in build.prop, like dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m (biggest I ever seen, normal is 48m or 64m at most), and some properties still list utv210;
- Dunno if it's my eyes or the missing OpenGL but text and icons seem blurrier.
Overall, i think AllDro2/MPMAN ROM is more complete/polished.

@Vernox701 Now, regarding your port:
- I think you forgot to copy tune2fs.static so it could be used during installation
- utscript.sh creates an extra partition in SD that is never used, so the space is "wasted" (steev uses it as "vendor" in his V1.2).

Again, congrats for your port. ;)

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
- I think busybox is somehow broken, I didn't get the colored ls listing like I did before, and some terminal commands like df don't behave like AllDro2/MPMAN ROM;

Busybox is a very configurable program. Probably team flashback didn't enable colorized output for ls and configured df differently at compile time

Last night I built a git snapshot of busybox (attached), which I plan on using in my next Alldro2 ROM

To install:
Code:
adb shell rm -r /system/busybox/*
adb shell mkdir /system/busybox/bin
adb push busybox /system/xbin/
adb shell chmod 0755 /system/xbin/busybox
adb shell /system/xbin/busybox --install -s /system/busybox/bin/

Attachments

• $busybox-1.20.0.git.zip
    977.9 KB · Views: 266

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks for your kind words. I'm just learning. Also I think the Rom was rushed because of the drama on the other forum.I just ported it as straight across the board as possible because I didn't want problems.
I saw somewhere that setting vm.heapsize to 256 was the same as setting the dalvik(memory)to 48m. Maybe I'm wrong on that one though Also Steev and You are probably a little more thorough than most ;) Additionally I noticed tht they are using the same roms(kernal) and only swapping zimage and zimage debug mixing to get different results. So I think AllDro rom is probably still the best betoby users . Although I like the gingercomb(rom) I think the tsunami rom is a good alternative just as a different ui experience

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yeah, too bad it isn't real 2.3.3... :(

Anyway, if they improve the system, you already have a port to start with and their permission to use it. ;)