[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

jodespe

Jan 6, 2012
I've done Root, install Market and Recovery without problems on my 8127 (my tab is a MPMAN827)

You've done a great work men, thank for all!

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Update...

so i was testing a Rom that was supposed to work on the MID7127 and i'm now bricked. "If" i can get out out of this, it'll be great and i'll be sure to share how-to. If i can't, i'll be buying another tablet to continue with helping and videos.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Update...

so i was testing a Rom that was supposed to work on the MID7127 and i'm now bricked. "If" i can get out out of this, it'll be great and i'll be sure to share how-to. If i can't, i'll be buying another tablet to continue with helping and videos.

did u install cwm prior to flashing the new rom? if so, boot into recovery and restore :)

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
What rom did you flash? Does it not reset with the little reset button on the bottom?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
reset just brings me back to coby screen. rom was on kyros forums.

i flashed boot.img, recovery.img, system.img and cache.img from a stable CWM backup, still stuck at coby screen.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
reset just brings me back to coby screen. rom was on kyros forums.

i flashed boot.img, recovery.img, system.img and cache.img from a stable CWM backup, still stuck at coby screen.

sounds like when ur rebooting, ur not going into recovery, but doing a normal boot. try rebooting into recovery and restoring the factory image (u did make a backup before u starting flashing roms right?) that should work :)

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
Thank you for trying to help. But I know how to get to recovery, I made the video in the first post.

I have a backup, but without being able to get to recovery, its useless.

Hopefully, I can figure out a way to fix it with fastboot.

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you for trying to help. But I know how to get to recovery, I made the video in the first post.

I have a backup, but without being able to get to recovery, its useless.

Hopefully, I can figure out a way to fix it with fastboot.

my bad...lol

Trac

Dec 23, 2011
The_Kwa, sorry to here about your 7127, hope you get it working again.

I'm in the same situation many others are having with the Android Gingerbread driver.
-Firewall Off
-Real-Time scanning Off
-Factory reset through Tablet
-Factory reset Hardware/pinhole
-USB debugging checked
-Connect to PC
---USB debugging connected
---USB connected
---Found New Hardware - Use Internet - Nothing
---Found New Hardware - Cancel
-SuperOneClick run as admin - The usual 2 lines of text, then nothing.

-Device Manager - Other Devices - Android Gingerbread
-Update Driver Software - Browse My Computer - Point to SuperOneClick folder - Point to Drivers folder "Windows could not find driver software for your device"

I've tried with XP, Vista, and W7.

Is there an Android Gingerbread driver I can download and point to, for installing driver?

Leaving for work, so won't be able to test/respond until tomorrow.
Thanks

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
as far as my tablet goes... it's ok i guess. i've gotten a couple of donations and knew the risk of what i was doing. better me then you guys and that's why i was testing.

Now for this pesky SOC issue, the only other thing i can think of is this. I have Android SDK set up on my laptop with includes some "Google Drivers" maybe that will help?

If you want to give it a go, here's the download link: http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r16-windows.exe

once you've downloaded that, open "SDK Manager" and install everything i have:
$sdk%u0025252520manager.JPG

the one at the bottom you can't see is "Google USB Driver Package"

MitchGramazio

Jan 1, 2012
My tablet is stuck at the Coby screen.

I was originally rooted your way. I then tried to install the GTS ROM. It was successful, but for some reason, I became unrooted (could not use LCD Density, etc.) SuperUser was still installed, but it wasn't working.

I then proceeded to boot into CWM through adb. I then restored with my backup. However, when I rebooted my tablet, I am now stuck at the COBY screen. Please help. My backup might have been corrupt? Do you have a stock backup?

Edit: Alas, I can not seem to boot into CWM. I press the reset button on the tablet, then do the adb steps, and all it tells me is there is no device (Yes, USB Debugging was on the last time I booted). Am I out of luck? How likely is it that I could get a new unit? Does the warranty cover software errors? I am sure I would be able to play this off as one.

Last edited:

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
sounds like we are at the same spot... can you get to recovery at all?

if you can't get to recovery at all, you might as well set your tablet down untill we figure something out. i've all ready let mine power all the way down so the screen would cut off. put the charger on it and it took a charge.

the only fix i can for see is if coby would hook us up with the factory stock firmware. i think they flash it through FWDN mode.

MitchGramazio

Jan 1, 2012
You can't access the FWDN mode though, can you?

Edit: And no, my attempts to get to recovery have proved fruitless so far. When I hit the reset button, it turns off. I immediately start doing "adb reboot recovery". I hear my computer acknowledge that a USB device has been plugged in (or turned on, in this case). But no success with CWM.

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
fwdn mode is (vol up+reset)
Fastboot is (vol down+reset)

If our not bootlooping or stuck in any other way, you can use the power button instead of reset.