[Ultimate How To] Coby Kyros MID7127

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
I looked around and found out you can install clockwork recovery mod through rom manger. I was wondering how your way differs from flashing it through rom manger, and if i install cwr mod through rom manger can i still access cwr through my computer if i ever get stuck in bootloop or get bricked... and how to do that. ;)

can to explain? lol

Dec 31, 2011
Rom manager has been tried. It has you pick your device and the coby's are not on the list.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum

Oh so thats why he used an sd card.. so you have to download roms through an sd card as well and then access recovery through quickboot app. Also what is bloat and fastboot... he put that info after the videos but i dont understand? (newbie lol)

The_Kwa

Nov 25, 2011
if your going to take the plunge into "hacking" you'll need an SDCard. Bloat is all the apps that a manufacturer puts on a device that no one wants/uses.

Fastboot is a menu that is accessed by holding the volume down button then power button. i haven't really gotten into it because it's for advanced users. you would only use fastboot when you have a specific purpose for using it. its not something your really play with.

pcream

Dec 5, 2011
Oh ok so if i ever get stuff bootlooping or get bricked i can go to access cwb some how through my computer?:confused:

THEKWA posted a video about how to get into cwm with a bootlop.

To ALL of y'all the videos that have been posted are super easy stuff. Still something can go wrong so make sure you know what you are doing before attempting any of this. Stay out of fastboot until you learn how to use it, don't just go into cwm clicking things, and DO NOT MESS with system files without a backup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

4bddn

Dec 27, 2011
How did you get it to work?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum

well...
1) i installed 3 files on my sdcard when it was inserted into my laptop (flash_image, cwrecovery and recovery.zip) and inserted that card into the tablet
2) i opened up terminal emulator and typed in these commands:
$ su
[FONT=Courier, CourierNew, sans-serif]# cat /dev/mtd/mtd6 > /sdcard/tflash/original_recovery.img[/FONT]
# mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system
# cp /sdcard/tflash/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
[FONT=Courier, CourierNew, sans-serif]# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image.img[/FONT]
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/tflash/cwrecovery.img

i then rebooted rebooted into recovery with quick reboot :)

everytime i tried to do this...it failed. this morning i typed in the commands, but left out:
reboot recovery and everything worked. coincidence? who knows, but it worked...FINALLY!!!

MitchGramazio

Jan 1, 2012
New problem -

After installing several Android Marketplace apps, the marketplace gives me the error that there is 'insufficient storage' available on the device. However, when I go to the Storage menu and click on NAND, I have 2.9 gb left.

When I go to "Manage Applications" it says I have 42MB free.

Why is there a discrepancy?

BarbaraLK

Dec 22, 2011
Mitch ... very new to this whole thing but when I went into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > On SD Card. You can then click the empty box and then select Move to SD Card.

Not sure why this has to be done. Haven't read enough yet, I suppose. I am wanting to jailbreak ... ::nervously tapping keys:::

Barbara