Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
Ok i will try agin now.Last questions:
1.Is it ok if im on advent vega rom 1.09 i think
2.Vega Recovery Boot app needs to be installed or not (i think you mentioned something in one of your posts)
3.Forgot the third question....
Agian big thx for explaining

Last edited:

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Big thx Shayind4 ,you are the greatest(bow).Will try it right away.

PS:When i get to Software tool it doesn't show me recovery_vega_3024_r2_teamdesire.img as an option , any ideas ?
PS2: Ok im sitting here for like 3 hours ,can you make a little guide how to install it(incmd it's not showing my device,just a black space) ? sry for bothering you

Hi

Clockwork recovery is already added to this CorvusVegaRom:
[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi) - xda-developers

It should make it easier to install cm7 ( zip installation). Copy the cm7 zip file and gapps zip to your sd card.

Shayind4

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Ok i will try agin now.Last questions:
1.Is it ok if im on advent vega rom 1.09 i think
2.Vega Recovery Boot app needs to be installed or not (i think you mentioned something in one of your posts)
3.Forgot the third question....
Agian big thx for explaining

You can use any of the roms above as long as you have clockwork recovery installed afterward. Since CorvusVegaRom ( see post 107) already has it installed, you should use it for convenience.

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
Ok got it to work after some reisntall's thx alot.
PS:Now i still have the Clockwormod right ?And if yes is there a way to upgrade it to a higher version ?
PS2:Any idea why Android Market isn't working ?

Last edited:

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
PS:Now i still have the Clockwormod right ?And if yes is there a way to upgrade it to a higher version ?

Hi Deeluxe.

I believe you have clockwork recovery installed.

Follow the instructions below:

1) Copy cm7 zip file and gapps zip file to sd card
2) Boot into clockwork recovery
3) Scroll down to 'wipe cache partition', press enter (power button)
4) Scroll down to 'yes-wipe cache', press enter
5) Press return button, then scroll down to 'wipe data/factory reset'
6) Scroll down to 'yes-- delete all user data', press enter
7) Scroll down to 'advanced', press enter
8) Scroll down to 'wipe dalvik cache', press enter to wipe dalvik cache
9) Press return button
10) Scroll down to 'install zip from sdcard', press enter
11) Scroll down to 'choose zip from sdcard', press enter
12) Choose cm7 zip file and press enter to install
13) Choose gapps from sdcard to install
14) Press return button to initial recovery screen
15) Click on 'reboot system now'
16) Wait for system to boot. All done.

Good luck. It shoud work.

Shayind4

Last edited:

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
PS2:Any idea why Android Market isn't working ?

Market should work if you installed gapps zip file. You may need to reinstall it. Do you have cm7 working now?

Deeluxe

Mar 26, 2011
I got it to work big thx and sorry for bothering you so much,btw any idea why the tablet won't detect my usb stick when i put it in the port ?

Last edited:

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
I got it to work big thx and sorry for bothering you so much,btw any idea why the tablet won't detect my usb stick when i put it in the port ?

I think it's because the rom does not have USB host/USB slave software in it. Some other roms have it. Hope some developers will port it to cm7.

Apr 28, 2011
Hello everybody,
I've just got a Viewpad 10s and I'm already lost (first android device, too)... What I would like this thing to do is to play some music located on my NAS while browsing the net or playing a game. I can access the mp3-files from my NAS and play them too, but whatever I try, the music stops when I try to open the browser or start a game. Same thing with web-radio: I can play a webradio station, but what's next? The inbuild browser doesnt seem to support multiple tabs and how do I open a second browser while leaving the first one playing webradio?
Thank you very much for explaining these mysteries to a complete android-newbie: X.Perry_Mental

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hello everybody,
I've just got a Viewpad 10s and I'm already lost (first android device, too)... What I would like this thing to do is to play some music located on my NAS while browsing the net or playing a game. I can access the mp3-files from my NAS and play them too, but whatever I try, the music stops when I try to open the browser or start a game. Same thing with web-radio: I can play a webradio station, but what's next? The inbuild browser doesnt seem to support multiple tabs and how do I open a second browser while leaving the first one playing webradio?
Thank you very much for explaining these mysteries to a complete android-newbie: X.Perry_Mental

Hi
Try Sky.fm radio and Dolphin bowser. Dolphin browser supports multi-tab. I have been able to listen to sky.fm radio whilst playing game (checkers) or surfing the web. I'm using cm7 Rom. What is NAS?

Shayind

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2011
Hi
Try Sky.fm radio and Dolphin bowser. Dolphin browser supports multi-tab. I have been able to listen to sky.fm radio whilst playing game (checkers) or surfing the web. I'm using cm7 Rom. What is NAS?

Shayind
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! NAS is just a Network Attached Storage - a small homebuild Debian server with some harddrives. When you listen to sky.fm, how do you start your game? What buttons do you use? Maybe I'm just handling it the wrong way.... Thanks again: Perry

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Thanks a lot for the quick reply! NAS is just a Network Attached Storage - a small homebuild Debian server with some harddrives. When you listen to sky.fm, how do you start your game? What buttons do you use? Maybe I'm just handling it the wrong way.... Thanks again: Perry

Hi Perry

Thanks for the clarification (re:NAS). I didn't use any button for the games i played......all touch screen (checkers, chess and N.O.V.A). Whilst playing NOVA, i could hear both the fm music and conversations/sounds of the game. I got the same results playing networked video files using uPnP (ThreeSums), PlugPlayer and UPnPlay. I'm able to use the tablet normally with background music playing. I am using cm7 Rom on my viewsonic 10s. I have not checked with stock rom you have on your 10s. What type game do you want to play?

Regards
Shayind

TifKag

Apr 17, 2011
Hi

Is there a way to get the accelerometer acting the way it should with raging thunder 2 or a flight simulator, so yoo can rotate the tablet for steering or tilting it for accelerating or braking. The G-sensor is no succes.

And can it be done with the stock 1.09 ROM, because i am a little nervous at tinkering with custom roms and bricking the unit.

The best would be an installatian file like the market-update ????

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi

Is there a way to get the accelerometer acting the way it should with raging thunder 2 or a flight simulator, so yoo can rotate the tablet for steering or tilting it for accelerating or braking. The G-sensor is no succes.

And can it be done with the stock 1.09 ROM, because i am a little nervous at tinkering with custom roms and bricking the unit.

The best would be an installatian file like the market-update ????

Hi

Checked out raging thunder2. Rotating the tablet right or left works for steering but tilting it does not work for acceleration or braking. The 'Tilt' function probably has to do with the game. This game has 'Boost' icon for acceleration and 'Brake' icon for braking. I'm using cm7 rom, and it's quite easy testing out other roms in ealier post as long as you have 'Male to Male' USB connector.

Shayind

Last edited: