We have Netflix

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
I took the plunge and went from my happy 2.1 Autonooter back to stock. Then updated to the 1.2 B&N version. First thoughts, better than when I bought it, but really the market is limited and boring and pricey. I still enjoyed flash capable and the other new additions. But I found I missed my Android apps and my markets. So I made a CM7 bootable card and began to get used to the new desktop, etc.

I wasn't sure if I could add market and flash to a sd card OS but whammy yes indeed I could. Wow, can I really have my cake and eat yours too? Ok next plunge, Netflix. Tried to edit with ES Explorer but ran into "Failed to mount" errors when trying to enable that. So my edits did not work.

But I ran To Rico's pointed finger and grabbed that whacky file without the brandname check and sideloaded that puppy. At first it didn't work, wouldn't log in,but I kept trying. I restarted the app and tried again a few times and wham it worked. The white screen takes a while to load for me sometimes, then I get my homepage, and then I can pick from my queue etc. It worked. I don't know what tomorrow will bring but if I could do this, anyone can, if they read carefully and don't do it while half asleep. Have fun, Thanks everyone.;)

bike2002

May 5, 2011
Hi In my case I have the video playing ok but the sound track speed is not correct and sounds like Donald duck is speaking.
Is there a way to fix this. Am I missing anything?
Thanks in advance.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Same thing happened to me. Uninstalled netflix and install the other one from xda. Edit build.prop as described at xda. I discovered onllly needed to replace malata with HTC

Sent from my GTablet running Cyanogenmod nightly using Android Tablet Forum

bike2002

May 5, 2011
Hi I have since rebuilt a number of mSDs in order to run Netflix and have settled with the following components:

-- generic-sdcard-v1.2.1.img
-- update-cm-7.0.3-encore-signed.zip
-- gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

-- netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk

With this mSD, I do not need to modify any system files.
Both video and sound run great.
So far I have watched two movies over wifi: Kick Ass and Takers.

Thank you for all your helps.

By the way, I built my system on a SanDisk 8GB class 4 microSDHC disk.
I found out that you do not need to spend more for class 6 or higher.

Last edited:

akil316

Apr 24, 2011
I keep getting this error: Please make sure that your device has network connectivity and the Date and Time settings are accurate. Anyone else getting this? I've tried the different install files but they all end up with the same error.

Shimmy

Feb 2, 2011
The market version of Netflix no longer checks to see if your device is compatible. I have it running on my Nook without any build.prop edits.

subslug

May 27, 2011
Runs on my rooted Nook color too but in High Speed mode and it sounds like chipmunks on meth.
Not sure how to slow it down. I guess it's okay for people in a hurry, they can watch an hour movie in 15 minutes.

Smaugy

Feb 18, 2011
I have CM7 installed on emmc and I installed the market version of Netflix. Seems to play just fine on my nook also.

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
Netflix runs fine on my NC running cm7 7.0.3, but I tried the nightly 85 and 87, and had the chipmunk on meth issue.

beastman

May 8, 2011
It isn't in my market. How do I get it to show up?

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It isn't in my market. How do I get it to show up?

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Depends on which version of android you are on. If you are rooted in 2.1 it won't be available.

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
Today Netflix message was to use this application you must update to newest version. When I did it would download, but fail on install. It's error was an unsigned application error.

#Never mind I uninstalled and reinstalled and it appears to work just fine.

Last edited: