Which tablet did you buy and why?

jcjohncruzes

Aug 2, 2011
I have Acer Iconia tablet. It is very easy to navigate the Internet and are available well below the current market prices. You can do everything the Acer Iconia tablet.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
That's great,but what happens when iconia 2 comes out in a few months? With the Best buy ... buy back plan you can upgrade.. Not at 4inkjets ,office max ect...

anderson489

Aug 2, 2011
Asus transformer. The add on keyboard is great. Screen was brighter then the xoom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Android Tablet Forum

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
add on keyboard isn't worth $150..might as well get a laptop then.. The screens are pretty close.. If your not comparing them side by side,you would never know..

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Those things are pretty expensive.. $499..for 16 gig hd. are you joking.. What a ripoff..

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The Lenova has something new, hardware DRM, which although I hate DRM will allow it to use new Netflix service which should allow local storage of movies and other features that sound pretty cool. I have debated endlessly and have pretty much decided on waiting for the Sony. Hard choice, the Toshiba and Acer have way more connection options, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a beautiful machine and I think the Xoom is nice but seems like they will never fix the sd problem, I can't help but think it is a hardware issue that may never really be fixed. I hope I'm wrong there, but I'm not willing to take the risk. One thing I will do is keep reading these threads and someone will probably say something that will make me fold and run down to BB,
wondering what took me that long.
Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
The Xoom is updated to 3.2. SD card works.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I heard it reads but doesn't write, anyway my interest in it passed some time ago. I'm sure its a great tablet though.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Tom T, what's Hardware DRM?
I'm kinda confused with the procssors. Do all of this Tablets have the same processor (all dual Core NVIDIA® Tegra™ T20 1.0GHz Processor, Tegra 2 = Dual core???)?
The sony tablet is a beautiful tablet indeed but what else led you to this decision? I can't find any informations about it.
Currently I balance between the lenovo thinkpad tablet and the archos g9 10 incho. The Lenovo offers many good onboard apps, it features pen input and gorilla glas (which makes quite a difference as I just found out). The Archos has a better processor, it has a nice media app and it looks a little bit more modern (and you could have 250 gb of hdd storage, I would buy the flash version (slimer and lighter)). The display seems to be ok (archos says wide viewing angles) and with the 3g version has a removable dongle which you could use for the computer too. Does anybody know anything about the build quality (expect the Thinkpad Tablet to be a good tablet regarding the build quality) and the screen? No need to say that both of them feature sd slot and usb port (and hdmi). I rather tend to buy the Lenovo because the pen seems to be very useful. Does anybody know another tablet with digitizer pen input? Or a tablet that is as fast as the archos (dual core 1.5ghz)? The kal-el tablets seem to be still many months away and there are no official informations of tablet manufacturer out yet (or am I wrong?). What would you rather go for the archos or the lenovo?
Free links: :)
Lenovo - Tablets - ThinkPad Tablet (US)
ARCHOS

steavegd

Aug 3, 2011
I went for Galaxy Tab because of first tablet which available here and it support Flash so I buy it ahead of iPad 2.