Which tablet did you buy and why?

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
lol well, i am having my friend who is basically an ipad expert come over and ill play with his ipad more and then go to best buy and play with the tab some and see what i like most. also, i will try to get the upgrade program. ill continue doing my research, i mean i truely love the tab 10.1 and really want it... maybe after i see that not only will all glitches eventually be fixed by updates, i probably wont have an issue to begin with, ill be happy

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Like I said,if you go on the forums and read about tabs,they all have issues.. But only the ones you don't hear about have no issues like mine.. Like I said,don't think so much,you may buy an ipad and have nothing but problems,there are no guarantees in life.

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
ok, if i get a tab 10.1 and hate it or something happens, is it possible for me to exchange it for an ipad 2 at best buy? say, i find out i like ipads more or something

rickio

May 14, 2011
Hey jeme223
I just got a galaxy yesterday. Love it and think its solid. I updated it right away. That took long but i patiently waited and it was fine. I have a coby tablet as well and like it but galaxy is in another league, its something im sure you will enjoy.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Bobo2000

Aug 8, 2011
My brother is running Tab 10.1. He got it from Amazon at $200 something.

Currently Using Elsse 7-inch Internet Tablet (Android 2.3)

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Absolutely.. you have 14 days,unless your a silver reward member like me..Then you have 45 days.. Trust me,you don't want an ipad 2.. Your not getting live wallpaper and a lot of other things.. When you sit down on your couch and unbox your Galaxy,after you turn it on,it will sync everything right there,Ipad 2 you have to hook it up to your puter and sync is,and go thru a bunch of steps.. Just get the one you want(galaxy) and if you don't like it,take it back.. :)

Aug 9, 2011
Nook Color running CM7 overclocked to 1.2Ghz
I personally don't care for the 10.1" form factor and at $249 ($199 refurbed, sometimes $179) you can't beat it.
Great piece of HW. Granted no GPS (but I can tether to my phone) and no camera (I have a canon 50D for that).

Besides, you don't really need a dual core to run Angry Birds.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
He didn't get the 10.1 for $200.. If you get it from Amazon,no upgrade plan and no black tie warranty.. Something like this I would absolutely buy from Best Buy..

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
no one can answer that.. I took great care of my xoom and it bricked in 5 days.. I didn't root it or anything.. It just locked up and best buy couldn't get it to boot up.. Just buy it and take it back if you have a problem. Get the black tie warranty and you will be golden.. Its worth the price.

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
no one can answer that.. I took great care of my xoom and it bricked in 5 days.. I didn't root it or anything.. It just locked up and best buy couldn't get it to boot up.. Just buy it and take it back if you have a problem. Get the black tie warranty and you will be golden.. Its worth the price.
unfortunately, i dont have the extra 100$ for a warranty... which is bad, i know... but my dad also wont let me spend that extra hundred on the warranty anyways because he tells me (as he always does) its a waste of money... i suppose it if doesnt break in the first 14 days, i can get a protective case on amazon and hopefully that will keep it safe and going for atleast the amount of time it will take me to raise 500 more dollars for a new model when i need it haha

rickio

May 14, 2011
Jeme223
You missed the $100 off tablets coupon at staples end of last month. Thats what i use to get mine. I then had to wait to get it as it was sold out everywhere. But its cool.
I am sure there will be sales, keep your eyes peeled.
I think tablet should last you a good 2 years if you baby it.

The 3.1 version of android is just out so your good for a bit.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Get the frIcken warranty. Save up for It. These thIngs are too expensIve not to have one. Trust me.