3.2 update = Mid September

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Come on guys, drop it. This is about tablets, not arguing. And skip 3.2 if your rooted anyway, 4 will be worth the wait.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Same here...

Will wait for some more comments and reactions to those try then after that, will do the same update to my A500.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
I got notification tonight. I will download and install tomorrow when i have more time.
3.1 installed without a problem. Hope this is the same.

insane

Sep 17, 2011
I'm in New Zealand and got the update come through yesterday. tried about 6 times to get it to work but it constantly failed after unzipping the 350MB file.

Finally force closed all non essential apps and tried again, it's completed now, wifi working with DHCP too.

model A500
android version 3.2
Kernel version 2.6.36.3+
build number acer_a500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1

Hope this helps someone who was stuck in the update loop.

Thanks,

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
From Québec, Canada :

Download size : 350.25 MB
Android version : 3.2
Kernell version : 2.6.36.3+
Build number : ACER_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1

Bonne journée!

Kernel version the same but build version is 7.006.03 for Australia&New Zealand.

And guys... it is just a Tablet... all parties should take a breather here. Don't worry be happy. Just for your info, when I got the last update (3.1) I got one major update and a few days later receive another. When I compared and analysed what had happened, I found that I had received the update in two installments while my wife and daughter recived their earlier in one. In the end we both had the same.
In light of what has happened now, I'm beginning to wonder if my daughter's tablet has a problem with updating - she has tried 3x and the message that comes upmis "Invalid Update". I'm not sure what is going on.:confused:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I'm in New Zealand and got the update come through yesterday. tried about 6 times to get it to work but it constantly failed after unzipping the 350MB file.

Finally force closed all non essential apps and tried again, it's completed now, wifi working with DHCP too.

model A500
android version 3.2
Kernel version 2.6.36.3+
build number acer_a500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1

Hope this helps someone who was stuck in the update loop.

Thanks,

Insane,

Which apps did you force closed

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Received my update this morning in India.
Android 3.2
Kernel version 2.6.36.3+
Build no 7.006.03
Haven't explored yet.

leemstradamus

Sep 5, 2011
this has got me down, i want my update!

has this update addressed issues with video playback, constant screen turn on with wifi on, streaming media issues, and the ability to sabre to external sd card?

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
After several times of unsuccessful attempts on installing ROM's, I managed to update my system OTA.

Rooted, FLEX Version : 01_COM_GEN1
Android version : 3.2
Kernell version : 2.6.36.3+
Build number : ACER_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1

I have to re-install back all of my apps previously installed. But still can't use any of the ROM's posted here.

Dunno why?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
this has got me down, i want my update!

has this update addressed issues with video playback, constant screen turn on with wifi on, streaming media issues, and the ability to sabre to external sd card?
Take it easy! The update is on the way.

Then you can go off and join the circus.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011

Do you need to manually unzip it or does it do it itself?
I never unzipped Flash 10.3 and have never been sure if it's working properly.

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
3.2 is only a minor update over 3.1, whereas 3.1 was a major upgrade over 3.0. It has not addressed many problems like video play back, etc. I didn't have to reinstall the apps. Upon download, it unzips automatically. One obvious thing I noticed was the we pages open faster than they did earlier. There is this zoom compatibility feature to stretch or zoom fit to your screen. I have to experiment more to give a perfect feedback.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I want 4.. I'd rather they skip 3.2 overall and work on 4