8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet - Freescale Cortex-A8 (Generic)

Oct 2, 2010
I don't really need the sd card reader to work, and I don't need GPS either so this tablet sounds pretty good to me. Can you get Google Market on it?

MaxTcee

Oct 13, 2010
as you may already know there are alot of ppl asking questions about this tab
due to the amount of scammers and bs sites out there we are all quite concerned about being taken
so if its possiable to make all of us at ease and hopfully help you sell this tab with more ease
can you make a video showing the device working android 2.2, benchmarks,sd card slot working, rom kernel model ,market, gps ,bluetooth and basic functions

also please note when can we receive this product
that way it will lessen the same questions being asked over and over

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
There are some videos already for this thing, but we need better ones.

Some at HiApad already
xaueious, could you please remind me why we let some sellers mix their messages among forum discussion, while others are treated as spammers? I haven't read the "Read this first if you're a seller thread." Is the explanation there? I think mixing owner experiences with sales-pitching is a bit odd, personally.

-Matt

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sellers are allowed to discuss as long as they present facts, and if they don't pretend to be ordinary users.

They tend to be the ones who get hands-on first. Having them come here is good just for sharing information, provided that it's legitimate stuff :)

We can request for information without making any financial commitments too. It's a win-win.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Thanks for the quick response! I respect the rationale, and I think overall it's working well (sorry, I think I hijacked the thread!!!). There's potential for abuse, but the mods are doing a good job policing the forum. As an interesting example, I've enjoyed seeing how Philip from Merimobiles has used the forum as a way to keep his buyers informed about shipping questions.

It's probably apparent that I would recommend against doing it--I prefer a "sellers only" subforum and let the "wild west rules" pretty much apply there. But then again, I worry about lots of things that never happen, so you shouldn't listen to me.

Either way, I hope we can reexamine the practice in a few months and see if it's still working well.

Thanks again!

-Matt

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The main thing I was concerned about was the common practice of sellers pretending to be normal users. It's quite idiotic really.

Back on topic though, this tablet was supposed to be one of the most competitive tablets to be coming out in terms of features, but those looking for amazing video playback need to look elsewhere.

gandlaf

Oct 10, 2010
Why don't eugo.com and merimobiles have this product yet if the sd card reader does work I would buy it in a second from them.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I wouldn't guarantee anything about this being the best. I have yet to see an actual hands on. But it certainly is promising at this price point. It is to my understanding that this is a significantly more stable implementation of Android 2.2 than the likes of the WITSA81E, additional to boasting superior specifications all around.

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
For $250 you would be better off getting the Archos 70 when it is released at the end of the month. Simply due to the fact that it has a capacitive multi-touch screen for the same price as this one with a resistive screen and is running Android 2.2 out of the box.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure. But if this is the first batch, it would be hit/miss.

I personally like waiting for batch 2 or even 3 from any shanzhai manufacturer.

etoh

Oct 21, 2010
no HDMI support, no IR remote, no Camera...
.... (-_-")> dont think this one is better..

crogs571

Nov 8, 2010
not to mention it's a 4:3 screen so any HD formatted material will be smaller than a 7" widescreen tablet. 4:3 resistive just kills it.