A tablet for my mother

alpinestar

Apr 2, 2012
Yeah, uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice. I've got iPlayer to work, if you force it to use a Desktop as the user agent and switch the stream to the low bandwidth/resolution (it's right at the bottom of the page) then it works absolutely flawlessly. Haven't found a similar option for ITVplayer or 4oD, but will post back when I do.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I now have iplayer working, its a bit slow to load but it works ok. I set for desktop and changed browser to android. I've contacted mcbub to see if they can help with skype & other app compatibilty problems. Hopefully they can help me.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

alpinestar

Apr 2, 2012
Nice one, let me know if you find anything please. iPlayer works but the other tv channel players aren't (youtube is fine, most other players are fine too), with the audio jumping/stuttering. Could this be a hardware compatibility issue or is it a problem with ICS?

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I'm guessing ics. mcbub has a link to skype for ics but it didn't load for me..its on a thread saying novo7 elf skype video or something like that maybe you can try it.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Have now downloaded skype but haven't tested yet.

alpinestar

Apr 2, 2012
Right, I contacted Onda and they pointed me to a v1.0 firmware update. It was a bit of a job updating it (sifting through chinese instructions and hunting down decent flashing software) but now everything works perfectly and actually a good deal faster than before.

So now the problems are ironed out, this tablet is amazing. Highly recommended, 5 stars.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
does that include skype? If so congrats & good luck with your tab. I've just got to get to grips with sanei update. Maybe when I have a bit more spare time.

alpinestar

Apr 2, 2012
Yep skype included. This was really helpful for the firmware update, and also knowing how to get the tablet into flashing mode - hold the menu button (might be a different button depending on configuration) while you connect the usb - two drivers will then install. Then repeatedly press the power button with Livesuit open and ready to flash, and it should start it straight away.

TomT

Apr 29, 2012
Right, I contacted Onda and they pointed me to a v1.0 firmware update. It was a bit of a job updating it (sifting through chinese instructions and hunting down decent flashing software) but now everything works perfectly and actually a good deal faster than before.

So now the problems are ironed out, this tablet is amazing. Highly recommended, 5 stars.

I've been trying to decide between the Onda vi40 elite or the Ployer Momo11 bird.

Does the iPlayer app work OK on yours ? or are you still having to run in low bandwidth/resolution mode ?

I'm in touch with Ployer who have been very helpful, they are looking to see if they can test this for me to make sure it work.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I think its just a case of getting them set up correctly. There's no reason iplayer shouldn't work on most tabs. I think I need to get updates for my os & then have a see if they'll work properly. I've been slow in doing this as newer updates are becoming available & for most of what I use it for, my tabs fine. Both ployer & onda are nice tablets & getting popular so I reckon if you look around you'll get answers on how to get niggly little issues worked out very soon.