Android 3.0

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
There are some rumors about Google would launch Android 3.0 in coming weeks, but Google hasn't claimed anything about this matter.
So, any exact sources about this one?
I concern this because we would design more compatible hardware and configuration for next version of
Android tablet if we get Android 3.0.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Off the bat the CPU would need to be 1GHz, 800MHz might work and 512MB for RAM instead of 256MB now. Think of all of this like the early stages from a PC. Seems Android OS is following the same type of model. They already have plans for 3.5 and 4.0 by next year mid quarter 2011.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Thanks.
I think 1GHz or above CPU is not a problem, and there is already 800HGz CPU for Android 2.2 tablet in the market now.
For 1GHz or above CPU, I do think at least 512MB RAM would work well. Besides, other hardwares should be more advanced
in order to run a higher Android OS. So, there is a tough way to keep the budget and design sophisticated Android tablet at
a reasonal price. It's better to do some preview work.

anduser

Nov 1, 2010
Considering the developer kit for gingerbread is NOT out yet, and google has repeated refuted false rumours on actual specs required, can you quote the source for your information tipstir?

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
According to what manfs. are saying it looks like we may not see Android 3.0 until Q1 of 2011.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
I do wish Android 3.0 would defeat iOS, because there so many rumors about the stability of Android OS when compared to iOS, no matter the Android 2.1 or 2.2.