Any rumors on 3.2...

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Im calling BS on that.
Google knows nothing about that build number.

$Build3.2.jpg

Still calling BS?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well I stand corrected.

But nobody else has seen that release but you. No other reports on google match that release number.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just checked again, and Google still can't find anything reference to that build number.
I'm going back to calling bs.

jwlary

Jul 30, 2011
Icebike: You may need to look a little harder. Found on forum.Lowyat.net (Malaysia) - Googled for "Acer A500 7.004.03"

"Acer ICONIA A500 Official Thread V1, HC3.2 OTA is now available!!!"
post #585

================================================
"ok..thx guys...haha..got any problem i come back and ask here..

Added on September 12, 2011, 2:12 pmerm..guys..i check for update using system update..it prompt out got update which is 7.004.03 (356.65MB)..so what is this update for as yday i edy update to 3.1 edy

This post has been edited by chonkit: Sep 12 2011, 02:12 PM"
================================================

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Just checked again, and Google still can't find anything reference to that build number.
I'm going back to calling bs.

Has it ocurred to you that I quoted the build number in this thread, and yet Google should have returned that? Wow, that means this conversation obviously doesn't exist either since Google couldn't find it...

Hmm, that must also mean I have nothing better to do with my time than spend hours with a graphics program trying to fake up a photo to trick people on a forum I don't even know, and who know nothing about me. I wonder what I would gain from doing something like that?

Well? What's my motivation, and how did I create the image I posted if that build is a fake?

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Way to go Brian64.
Acer said the update would start mid month and go till the end of the month.
But then Icebike does not believe those posts on Acer come from Acer.
If those comments were not from Acer they would have been deleted or a statement would have been posted.
By the way Brian, where are you that you got the update?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just as I suspected, Brian64's build number is not the final. Obviously he got on a beta list somehow.

The reports are that what is coming down the pike is Build Acer_A500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1 .

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Ahh, yes.. I could tell that's exactly what you were thinking all along.

Curses, my cunning plan to foil you has been undone and you've proven you are the font of all knowledge and wisdom!

(/sarcasm)

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Just as I suspected, Brian64's build number is not the final. Obviously he got on a beta list somehow.

The reports are that what is coming down the pike is Build Acer_A500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1 .

Are you going to call BS on the Canadians who posted their build as Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN1 ??

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011

Well, I just got that yesterday here in Victoria, Australia. 7.006.03 seems to be the correct version as far as I can tell. I have noticed that the build number can vary. I have seen numbers with _GEN2

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
From a particular point of view, yeah, android is "a series of patches" over Linux... if you consider the complete removal and replacement of the x windows system and bootloader a simple patch. Android is as much a patch over Linux as OSX is a patch over Unix.

Now, my meaning when I say Honeycomb is only a series of patches over Froyo/Gingerbread is, while both Froyo, gingerbread and, I dead, all previous incarnations of android, have their own maintained full source tree, Honeycomb does not. Honeycomb is the Gingerbread source tree "with patches". ICS is more along the lines of Froyo and Gingerbread in that it will have (does have?) its own fully maintained source tree.

Yeah, seeing we're talking about patches, iOS is also so a patched version of Linux. And if we really want to go further, leopard, snow leopard and lion are all just Apple's patches of Linux. Question is how far do we really want to go?

There has to be a distinct difference. Honeycomb was made for Tablets. Therefore it is distinctly different to smartphone OS's even though there may be simularities and history.

My experience so far with Honeycomb is that it was meant to be backward compatible to give app designers the time to write specific apps for the tablets while giving tablet users the ability to run smartphone apps in the meantime. A smart move don't you think....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011

The reports are that what is coming down the pike is Build Acer_A500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1 .[/QUOTE

give it up icebite. I see at least 3 versions reported. Did you ever think there may be different versions depending on your country?
z

are