3.2 update = Mid September

jak

Jul 31, 2011
I also updated to 3.2 this morning. NW Illinois. Bought my a500 in late July.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Finally got it to update. Noticed it boots up faster and shuts down MUCH faster than before. Was able to find 9 satellites and locked on to 6 out of 9 in about 3-5 minutes without wifi. Is MAPS not going to load with wifi disabled? When I try to load Maps with wifi off, it just keeps loading.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Finally got it to update. Noticed it boots up faster and shuts down MUCH faster than before. Was able to find 9 satellites and locked on to 6 out of 9 in about 3-5 minutes without wifi. Is MAPS not going to load with wifi disabled? When I try to load Maps with wifi off, it just keeps loading.

I think the maps gotta be downloaded to use without wifi.... been wanting to research about it but don't have much time

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
I think the maps gotta be downloaded to use without wifi.... been wanting to research about it but don't have much time

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

No, I mean when I try to load the app Maps with wifi off, it just hangs "loading" forever.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
No, I mean when I try to load the app Maps with wifi off, it just hangs "loading" forever.

That's expected. Maps can't do anything without data connection. You would expect an error message at that point,
but maybe the bug is that they forgot to put in the message.

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
I received 3.2 in mid September (Australia). I am interested to hear if anyone has Wi-fi issues since the update. Several people, myself included, have had issues. Also discovered some Xoom owners having the same problem.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Got the update in Chicago:
Android: 3.2
Kernel: 2.6.36.3+
Build: Acer_A500_7.006.06Com_Gen2
I bought it 30Jul11

LJD

Oct 5, 2011
For 3 days now I've been having the same problem that MrBlazito was having. Fire up the tablet, get the notification that an update is available, download starts, reaches 100% and then starts over, non stop. I try every evening when I get home from work.
Not sure what to try next. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!