Are there any updates coming soon for the Archos 101?

CALL911

Mar 29, 2011
So I believe I have decided on the Archos 101. I am still learning more and more about it, but it seems that the newer versions are better than some of the older versions.

My question is; are there any new updates or versions coming out soon I should wait for? Or should I get one now?

Also, as a side question, where is the best place to buy a new one?

mahojazz

Mar 7, 2011
It depends on your needs. I have looked around for quite some time before getting the A101. But no regrets as it serves my needs. It all depends wat you.want to use the tablet for. Once decided go.ahead and get it.

Sent from my A101IT using Android Tablet Forum

Jason108

Mar 4, 2011
I got mine through ebay as Amazon dosen't do out side the US. I got the 8gb version as I have a 500gb external drive which I use instead of getting a 16gb version. Frankly I can't see why anyone would get an Ipad as this is 1/2 the price with way more functions such as usb and hdmi plugs etc whih make life really easy. Wifi is good and android market has all the apps you'll need.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The only improvement the A101 needs is better handle on the hdmi-desktop as the input is a little slow and a better driver for mouse input. Other than that, a great tablet.
Not so fun rooting:/
Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
RGOCAL is spot on. The biggest complaint I have is HDMI interface. Once you connect and have the HDMI output to an external screen, you had better have a Mouse. There is a lag and sometimes Fractured Mouse drags.

This may be my unit. But if I play via HDMI more than one movie. 90 mi+ I will sometimes get a restart. Does not happen when I play direct to the screen.

I wish I could BT PAN my Archos 5 to my 101. That would be sweet. But I think it is a limitation of the 5 vs the 101 though. I can use USB hosting to have a 500Gb portable 101. The silly thing is the 5 tries to charge off the 101. Even with a full charge. That is a bummer.

I compared my 101 which is still pretty stock (Stripped Bloatware) to a GTab straight out of the box. My 101 was a speed demon in comparison. But that is before the GTab has been tweaked.

Gin Martini

Oct 20, 2010
Frankly I can't see why anyone would get an Ipad as this is 1/2 the price with way more functions such as usb and hdmi plugs etc whih make life really easy.

it depends on your need. If you like fast response, way much better screen quality, more than just 2 simultaneous touch and a huge range of applications that works at 99.99%, then I can see why someone will want an Ipad2 instead.