Barnes & Noble announces new touch-enabled Nook for $139

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What do you mean ,J P ,that it won 't be the same as rooting the nook color?
Gg

Nope. I don't see it being opened up the same way as a nook color. This one is truly more of an ereader and is going to be limited in its capabilities primarly by the screen. Black and white e-Ink just isn't up to the tablet task.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
This would be awesome, if it could get the kindle, kobo, calibre and google books it would be the ULTIMATE ebook reader

Over the years, I collected a bunch of free books from all over the place on my PC. Books from Gutenberg Press, FBReader, Calbre, Etc. When I got my NOOK, I dropped them onto my SDcard and the Nook picked them up w/o a problem. Some appeared with ugly generic covers, but Calibre fixed that for me. Maybe I was just lucky, bit I don't think so.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I'd like to know more about the battery life. Is the two month period for someone who rarely uses it? What about someone who may use it for several hours a day?

I read the battery life is this good if you don't run wifi constantly

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The battery life estimate is based on using it for reading 30 minutes a day.

"The feature that garnered the most applause at the media event was that the battery life on this new e-book reader can last up to two months on a single charge based on an average reading time of 30 minutes per day. That means a reader could use the device starting now on a full charge until past the Fourth of July."

Last edited: