Bluetooth and Android 2.x

sdrc

Jun 21, 2010
Hello Androidtablets.net forum,

Thought I would post the question here and possibly save myself some time....

I am looking for tablets based on Android 2.x with a bluetooth adapter as wwell as WiFi. Any suggestions? I have looked at several tablets but none I can find so far have 2.x and bluetooth. They all seem to be designed to surf the web and be a book reader.

Any suggestions would be VERY appreciated!

thanks!

blaer

May 26, 2010
That would be very nice! Theoretically one could tether the pad to a phone and surf the internet erverywhere. Let us know what you find!

A tablet with a fullsize usb port could house one of those small bluetooth adapters. That would do the trick nicely.

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
There aren't many tablets that have android 2.x...just the SmartV5, SmartV7 and Dawa D7 (soon to be released) Only the Dawa will have multi-touch and all of them will run Android 2.1

I except more to come in the near future (aprox 6 month) since Rockchip just showed a prototype tablet running 2.1 and said that tablets like that will soon hit the market (off course containing it's chipset)

dvnull

Jun 22, 2010
I'm working on a driver for the IOGEAR GBU421 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter for my apad:irobot 7" VIA WM8505、600MHZ basic frequency、600MHZ DSP device based on 2.2 API (Andriod 8). I've got the audio and TCP stack almost fully functional. My code will be put on The Linux Kernel Archives shortly.
Cheers
dvnull.

Last edited:

CyberKurt

Jun 30, 2010
I'm working on a driver for the IOGEAR GBU421 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Micro Adapter for my apad:irobot 7" VIA WM8505、600MHZ basic frequency、600MHZ DSP device based on 2.2 API (Andriod 8). I've got the audio and TCP stack almost fully functional. My code will be put on The Linux Kernel Archives shortly.
Cheers
dvnull.

Any chance of Sandberg BT mini Dongle will work with the APAD for connecting to my iPhone and use it's internet?

Or do you know any way how to connect APAD to iPhone for internet sharing through 3G?

/CK

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Cheers
dvnull.

Any chance of Sandberg BT mini Dongle will work with the APAD for connecting to my iPhone and use it's internet?

Or do you know any way how to connect APAD to iPhone for internet sharing through 3G?

/CK

JailBreak the iPhone and install a Wifi Hotspot app?

---edit---
Or trade in the iPhone for one of the new android phones with Wifi Tethering. ;)

ZilverZurfarn

May 3, 2010
trade in the iPhone for one of the new android phones with Wifi Tethering. ;)
Problem is, even if you set your phone up as Ad hoc access point (like you can with a jailbroken iPhone and rooted Android phones), Android devices don't recognize (and hence can't connect to) Ad hoc access points.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
trade in the iPhone for one of the new android phones with Wifi Tethering. ;)
Problem is, even if you set your phone up as Ad hoc access point (like you can with a jailbroken iPhone and rooted Android phones), Android devices don't recognize (and hence can't connect to) Ad hoc access points.
That's a good point... I read up on a workaround that requires changing some system files on the aPad, but I haven't personally tried it. I'm somewhat surprised it wasn't fixed/enabled in Froyo. On that same note, I wonder how the implementations on other devices (like a JB iPhone) share the wifi network. (eg. ad hoc or infrastructure)

...or maybe they could just trade in the iPhone for a Mifi or Overdrive then. ;)

Last edited:

GoreckiMike

Dec 28, 2010
I have an Adroid Tablet that supports 2 USB ports, WiFi and Enternet that I just bought as my Xmas present. The ICAN! 10" seems to be working fine, although the kernel is Android 1.6; they will be updating it to 2.2 in mid-JAN.

From my first week of using it at work, I have found the need to "Bluetooth" a Keyboard & Mouse. I bought the IOGear micro Bluetooth and was looking for a Linux/Android driver for it, which is how I happened upon this forum.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Quite Simply, if you do not have BT installed on the Motherboard, you CANNOT. It is part of the firmware. There are kludge things you can do in using a BT adapter. (Search and you shall find) BUT, you will not be able to plug in a BT adapter.

KEEP IN MIND ONE THING: An Android tablet is not Linux nor is it a Windows Tablet. It is Android. There is no UPNP. Unless the manufacturer/vendor put it on the firmware/hardware it will not work.

ogjk941uty

Dec 15, 2011
From my first week of using it at work, I have found the need to "Bluetooth" a Keyboard & Mouse. I bought the IOGear micro Bluetooth and was looking for a Linux/Android driver for it, which is how I happened upon this forum.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

cpt_noob

Dec 15, 2011
I've been able to use the wifi tethering to share internet from one android device to another. both were running 2.3