[Bounty] Working Recovery...

beerock

Nov 28, 2010
Running total to whomever develops a working and stable(?) Froyo-based or Gingerbread-Based ROM for the Huwai.

Total $190 - updated 1/7 @ 8:48 CST
Beerock $20
Arqueiro $5
Pbrauer $5
Seeser $20
JustDroid $20
swuebbels $10
docfreed $10
Snyperx $5
Neeko $25
Greenbushy $20
Beepo $10
Aboad $10
Duceirae $10
Bencostello $20

NOTE: As much as I love to see 2.2 or above on the tablet, I think we need the CUSTOM RECOVERY first so we can flash what we want and most importantly nandroid backup........I hope you all agree??

Edited: I removed a bit of random posts in here.

Here is the first one i am going to try, I know Razor950 is working on it.. Unfortunately without the tablet which has to make it more difficult.

I will start it off with $20, We will need someone to claim the thread and keep communication up to date.
:)
Everyone can chime in with their donation amount! Like ebay do not bid if you are not going to pay! :cool:

B

Last edited by a moderator:

Daali

Oct 19, 2010
Koush has detailed instructions on how to port Clockwork to other Android devices.
Code:
 http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/10/porting-clockwork-recovery-to-new.html

beerock

Nov 28, 2010
Koush has detailed instructions on how to port Clockwork to other Android devices.
Code:
 http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/10/porting-clockwork-recovery-to-new.html

I am aware of this, thanks. I think people are confused as to what this thread is doing...... Its a bounty thread to get a working recovery, meaning to pool all donations together to try and speed the process up.. Anyone that truly wants to help get a custom recovery working can simply say what they are able to donate.. I then will update the post accordingly with a total $ amount.

So I hope the next post will be a donation amount pledge or information to get a working recovery, and if not then I ask for the thread to be closed as useless ;)

B

Game4set

Dec 2, 2010
Well usually with new devices what happens is that a developer buys the device and starts to notice it's true potential. From there he'll take the time to work on it, hack it, and do what ever he wants and in the process, he'll be sharing all his progress and new updates with everybody. From there people will use these updates/hacks and in return donate to the developer. I think the problem here is that there hasn't been any talented developer who has gotten their hands on the Huawei Ideos S7 yet and that's why we're seeing very slow progress. From what I've seen so far, Razor950 has been working on bringing over Clockwork recovery and progress has been slow since he himself doesn't own the tablet (kudos to him though for helping all of us!). But until another developer comes in the scene or Razor950 gets his hands on one of these tablets, progress will be slow :/.

I myself have purchased the tablet but I've been hesitant to open it since I'm waiting for Clockwork recovery and a few other small tweaks (apps to SD, 2.2, ad-hoc working so I can tether it to my Moto Droid, 360 rotation, etc.) to be released for this tablet. I have another week to return it and if that week is is up, I'll return it but I'll buy it again once there is some more progress on the tablet.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
We need to have a general Paypal account or something to store the funds in, otherwise the posts in this thread are just IOUs. Just a thought.

beerock

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks for the help with the thread pbrauer, i was hoping it would pick up a bit. I think the pledges will just have to be collected by the dev when the recovery is available. Each person that has pledged a certain amount will donate that to the dev and then receive a dl link for the recovery... Then maybe for the ones that wanna skip on their commitment can be banned or something. ;)

I wish I could update the total in the title that you so kindly made bold.

Thanks again
B