Can't get into ClockworkMod Recovery!! PLEASE HELP!!

tygreyzz

Jul 3, 2011
I need some MAJOR help... I just bought a Nook Color about two weeks ago. I rooted it, thanks to YouTube's "huskermania" and it worked perfectly. Except I hate it. I liked the look and feel before. It was a true "e-reader" and if I wanted a tablet, well, I should've bought a tablet. I want my nook back!
So here's my issue:
I watched huskermania's other video, of how to unroot my nook. I did everything in the video, step by step, and it's not working. I try to boot up into recovery mode, but it won't work.
Here's what I want:
that screen that pops up that says to navigate through with the volume buttons and everything? The clockworkmod recovery screen? I need that to pop up.
What I'm getting is (I hold down the power and the "n" button at the same time) and it says "booting into recovery" and then opens up with cyanogenmod. OR I turn it off, insert my microSD card, turn it back on, and in the video it tells me that I'll see "loading" with two skulls by it. But I see the "Cyanogenmod 7 loading" screen instead. What do I need to do?
Seriously, I think I might cry.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
If you go to the stickie tab, Darmeen has written an excellent article on uninstalling clockwork recovery and reverting to a stock image. I would not attempt to reinvent the wheel and his tutorial is just what you need to return your nook to it's original state. Feel free to post back and keep us informed if you have any problems.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also are you sure you rooted? It sounds like you installed a custom ROM specifically CyogenMod7. Rooting leave all of your NookColor features intact and can be used soley as a reader with the original Nook setup or as a tablet using a launcher that makes it more like a tablet. Best of both worlds for those that want it that way. In either case this thread suggested by moshe should get you restored to stock http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ll-clockwork-recovery-revert-stock-image.html.