[CFW] TsunamiMod for Coby Kyros MID7024

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Just had to become a member and thanks everyone that is taking part of this evolution of the Coby mid7024. I like the alldro2 firmware it gave a new life to my tablet and will like to know if from know if this firmware (tsunami) will replace it. One thing I found on alldro2 is the keyboard keys seem out of alignment, hard to press the bottom keys most of the time pressing these keys it's the key above it that's being press, that's in landscape mode. Again special to Steev and everyone that make this evolution possible. (by the way I try dpi 160 and 200 same thing I guest 200 is better but still have the situation and if I calibrate it's seem to resolve the situation util I restart the tablet.)

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
Hi all just flash tsunami 1.2 and the keyboard in landscape mode still does the same thing unless I re-calibrate the bottom key are not responding.
it's really after a re-boot

rain

May 5, 2011
Hi all just flash tsunami 1.2 and the keyboard in landscape mode still does the same thing unless I re-calibrate the bottom key are not responding.
it's really after a re-boot
so troubleshooting is good and makes for good / excellent feedback. . so if i understand . . . it is good and okay ( registers properly ) on initialization. then if you power down and back on . . . the calibration ( for the bottom ) is getting lost or forgotten ? As a test, can you mis-calibrate initially and ( falsely ) tap lower that you should by a quarter inch and then . . . when you reboot, it's okay ? ? ?

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
well at first here my test - I installed an app call touch test. the result are the top of the screen where the camera is I can bring the circle to the edge of the screen but for the bottom I can not, it stop to about 5/16 inch. the side where the buttons are, I have 1/8 inches and the other side about 1/4 inch. when using the calibration the edges are +/- 3/16" and on the keyboard the [numbers key] (switch to number keyboard) work.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Wow original tsunami don't have ntfs support yet.
Can I mount udisk using ntfs or its just for extsd?

I just bought a sandisk 8gb microsd to replace the internal 4gb, really need to upgrade and flash a new rom again.

Sent from my typewriter.

You can mount either the extsd ("Mount SDcard" option) or a USB disk ("Mount SCSI" option).
A USB disk will actually be mounted on /scsi (I got errors trying to mount it on /udisk for some reason)

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
well at first here my test - I installed an app call touch test. the result are the top of the screen where the camera is I can bring the circle to the edge of the screen but for the bottom I can not, it stop to about 5/16 inch. the side where the buttons are, I have 1/8 inches and the other side about 1/4 inch. when using the calibration the edges are +/- 3/16" and on the keyboard the [numbers key] (switch to number keyboard) work.

Thanks. I'll try that test.

And no Tsunami won't replace the Alldro2 firmware. I'll try to maintain both

edit:
Hmm you're right, the touchscreen calibration settings aren't sticking :confused:

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
firmware fight ( well, not "really" a fight per say ) over on the other board. . prox posted 'genesis 3.0'. . i wonder what he built it from ? ? ?
i am sorry @steev - i just realized ( too late ) that i am "off topic" again. . i will try to do better. . i was just wondering if he also snagged @tlbardeljr's asian wind storm ?

Last edited:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
I'm doing a factory reset to see for the calibration problem then will re-flash tsunami. The only thing I do not like about the tsunami is the notification bar !! having to touch a button instead of sliding.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
The only thing I do not like about the tsunami is the notification bar !! having to touch a button instead of sliding.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to fix that.

Workaround for now:
Menu > Preferences > Action bindings > Swipe down << Set it to "Expand notifications"

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
You can mount either the extsd ("Mount SDcard" option) or a USB disk ("Mount SCSI" option).
A USB disk will actually be mounted on /scsi (I got errors trying to mount it on /udisk for some reason)

Hmm naming is diffent (/scsi) . Just like with kyros 7015.

Sent from my typewriter.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
firmware fight ( well, not "really" a fight per say ) over on the other board. . prox posted 'genesis 3.0'. . i wonder what he built it from ? ? ?
i am sorry @steev - i just realized ( too late ) that i am "off topic" again. . i will try to do better. . i was just wondering if he also snagged @tlbardeljr's asian wind storm ?
OT:
Maybe jolo or symbean rom? Or maybe a new urbetter release. Haven't seen yet so I'm still guessing.

Sent from my typewriter.

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011

No problem, rain.

I took a quick look at Genesis 3 and it does not seem to be based on Tsunami (at least not directly)

Last edited:

MikeViller

Nov 25, 2011
afraid to say that the calibration still doesn't work. I was going to imply that my tablet is the problem but than, if I can calibrate the tablet with the app and the screen is ok, but if I power off and restart I get that bad calibration, than It has to be a software problem and not hardware????????.