CIFS Kernel Module (Also tun.ko)

Berti

Aug 7, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried it, it can't find my hombrew NAS. The NAS has only SAMBA.
At this point I think that the best solution for me is to get CifsManager to work. So please upload the nls_utf8.ko, I hope this will solve my issues. It is realy bad that CifsManager doesn't write a log file.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried it, it can't find my hombrew NAS. The NAS has only SAMBA.
At this point I think that the best solution for me is to get CifsManager to work. So please upload the nls_utf8.ko, I hope this will solve my issues. It is realy bad that CifsManager doesn't write a log file.

i guess the problem because posted cifs.ko here was compiled for older kernel (2.6.29) and you are using newer kernel.

try insmod cifs.ko using terminal emulator to see if there is any error.

i have working cifs but compiled built in with the kernel (2.6.32). i will compiled again as module.

edit:

here is new compiled cifs.ko module tested working with my compiled kernel : http://www.mediafire.com/?mjuvh94chbiro

copy files to /system/lib/modules and chmod 644

then insmod using terminal emulator
Code:
$ su
# insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko

if you get any error, then it doesn't work with your kernel, you need to use my compiled kernel for your boot.img

Last edited:

Berti

Aug 7, 2011
I get this error:
Code:
insmod: init_module "system/lib/modules/cifs.ko failed (No such file or directory)
... what does this mean?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I get this error:
Code:
insmod: init_module "system/lib/modules/cifs.ko failed (No such file or directory)
... what does this mean?

did you copy cifs.ko file to /system/lib/modules ?

sorry i made a typo, my previous post supposed to be /system/lib/modules , not /system/lin/modules

Berti

Aug 7, 2011
Yeap, the file is there. The one you attached in post 17.

Someone with Brazilian Rom did succed with Cifs Manager?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
yes I try my cifs.ko, it will insmod with the pair kernel, but will not insmod with different compile kernel.

if you use my rom, you will have working cifs.

(I've not upload my new boot.img yet)

dfffe70a-24fa-c11a.jpg

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk