Clockwork mod recovery and cm7 working on the coby kyros 7022.

lorenzooo

Feb 20, 2012
At least! I would fix it through FWDN with the right files. I have now the CM7 installed but I have the problem of the touchscreen frozen. I will keep on working on it. Thank you!

Hello,

Could you explain me how you installed CM7 from FWDN mode please ?
Thx

borosky

Feb 28, 2012
Here we go! One factory standard ROM!

Download this zip and unzip it inside the backup folder that Clockwork uses (/sdcard/backup).
http://db.tt/pOCojiA7

Once it's done that, reboot into clockwork recovery, select backup/restore, restore, backup_stock. Then reboot! Enjoy!

hello

im getting an MD5 mismatch
i've been fighting for a week now to get my mid7022 from cm7 back to stock

any advice?

adrock

Jan 10, 2012
by the way I removed COBY 7022 from supported list for my CM7 for now.

there is some reports about dead TS on 7022. I'm not sure what causes it. I think some are just defect hardware, some are just user didn't follow procedure and got wrongly calibrated TS(actually no problem). if you are using my CM7 and TS still works fine, please report.

I can't believe but if it's come from software, then just using clockworkmod recovery for EM73 also have a chance to kill your 7022 TS.
I'll try 7022 kernel on my EM73 when I get it.

I warn here but I'll not remove my files on my site because it's f

adrock

Jan 10, 2012
cm7 running fine on my 7022. a little lag here and there, but no issues. Rarely mess with it now.

borosky

Feb 28, 2012
just delete the android.secure file and it should work i had that problem as well
looks like it didnt help
the android.secure folder on SD card was already empty
i tried deleting the folder using the CM file manager
i rebooted in recovery and had the same MD5 error
please help, my kyros MID7022 tablet is lying uselessly... cm7 is buggy + doesnt support all the hardware and in overall its too inconvenient for daily use

ajamie123

Feb 7, 2012
looks like it didnt help
the android.secure folder on SD card was already empty
i tried deleting the folder using the CM file manager
i rebooted in recovery and had the same MD5 error
please help, my kyros MID7022 tablet is lying uselessly... cm7 is buggy + doesnt support all the hardware and in overall its too inconvenient for daily use

Did you delete the android.secure from the stock roms zip and then do it or did you delete it just from the sd card

Snorefingers

Jul 29, 2012
I am unable to get CWM installed on my MID7022 for some reason. I did the official ICS update (I'm in germany) then I was unable to install CWM through "about device --> system update" as it told I was already using the most recent software version. I then tried installing a update.zip file that had CWM included with a "Recovery Tool" that I downloaded straight onto my tablet. I saw a installation animation once as it rebooted but have never been able to access CWM regardless. Finally I tried flashing a recovery.img that included CWM onto the tablet, I was able to do this (I got the OKAY message in the commandline) but even when I hold the power and back button IMMEDIATELY after flashing the recovery.img, without letting the device boot in between, I still only get the regular bootloader. ("The device has entered Fastboot mode etc." in blue writing). Anyone have any suggestions what I could still try?

Aug 11, 2012
power on the device with pressing big silver button till cwm appear on screen now you can release big silver button

Last edited:

strapy

Sep 30, 2012
I am unable to get CWM installed on my MID7022 for some reason. I did the official ICS update (I'm in germany) then I was unable to install CWM through "about device --> system update" as it told I was already using the most recent software version. I then tried installing a update.zip file that had CWM included with a "Recovery Tool" that I downloaded straight onto my tablet. I saw a installation animation once as it rebooted but have never been able to access CWM regardless. Finally I tried flashing a recovery.img that included CWM onto the tablet, I was able to do this (I got the OKAY message in the commandline) but even when I hold the power and back button IMMEDIATELY after flashing the recovery.img, without letting the device boot in between, I still only get the regular bootloader. ("The device has entered Fastboot mode etc." in blue writing). Anyone have any suggestions what I could still try?

+1 i can only get fastboot and no recovery, no meter what i try or witch recovery i flash,
now i dont have any recovery so cant flash nothing or make a factory reset, every time i end up whit fastboot

ecc12

Oct 26, 2012
Okay, first, that file is ONLY the stock recovery. And so I don't believe it will restore the default firmware.
However... I do believe there was a post about stock ROM on page #15. Once I have some spare time, I'll work on getting a surefire stock ROM. But being a grad student, I can't make any promises :p
Looking for factory firmware for my Coby kyros Mid7022 with 4gig tried this link above but dose not work any help is helpful