Coby Kyros MID9742-8 Goes Black

oliverosM

Feb 2, 2015
Hi guys I have these Coby tablet which i bricked and recover from a stock image, but my problem is that after finishing loading(After the android word), the screen goes black and it stays like that, i tried a lot of ways to solve that even try to make a bootable sd card with cwm but it didn't work so i dont know what else to try, and i want to see if any of you guys can help me please if theres is a way of course...thank you guys in advanced.
i was trying to install the cwm when i bricked it

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If the image in question was a Livesuite image, and I suspect it was, these tablets are all permanently bricked. Clockworkmod and Livesuite do not play nice with each other, and while some people have had luck getting Clockworkmod on a Livesuite modified tablet, many more have permanently bricked their tablets.

You are likely in the second group.

oliverosM

Feb 2, 2015
when these happen i was trying to install the cwm from recovery and then it bricked, so i google my problem and came across these image file "cfw coby 9742 _4.0.3_0.1.img" which i flashed using exactly the live suit, after failing to get video i tried some other img files for that tablet but these time using PhoenixCard_V3.0.9_20121211 and getting the same result it loads but black screen. using that method i notice that the sd card didn't had the same amount of MB as the img file not even a MB so i thought maybe it doesn't give video because there's no sistem in it, it only flashes the loading part may be I'm wrong.

oh!! and thank you for your reply Traveller.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Using Livesuite was your problem, along with not finding us first. ;)

The ROM image you downloaded was from 2012, and it was never updated to take the hardware changes Coby made to the tablets into account. In the unlikely event you can get Clockworkmod installed I do have a nandroid backup I posted to the forums that can be used to try and restore the tablets, but the chances are good that even if you do get Clockworkmod successfully installed and restore the tablets with the backup, you'll never get the tablet to be 100% functional.

Personally, with the age of these devices I'd simply sell them on ebay for parts.

oliverosM

Feb 2, 2015
Can i get the link of your backup i mean if it's possible . I'll end up selling it for parts but until i do i'll keep trying jejeje as hobby thanks for helping me up

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Check the stickies as I posted the link there. If you can't get working, send me one for parts.

j/k

oliverosM

Feb 2, 2015
Thanks if i dont get it to work i will send it to you. thanks for your time.

oliverosM

Feb 2, 2015
well finally it wasn't the firmware after all i dont know why but the firmware starts with the brightness all the way down, now the only thing its to flip it the image over..

These reply its to share my solucion and it was the brightness, took me 3 days to be able to adjust it