Coby MID9742 Stuck at Android Logo

azfirefox

Apr 5, 2014
I have a Coby Kyros MID9742 that I rooted using this. After root I installed the Play Store using the Kindle Fire HD method, and downloaded a Busybox Installer off the Play Store, but the apps would get stuck and never install, so instead I installed using ADB. Now the tablet gets stuck at the android loading screen that comes up after the COBY logo. The logo never freezes, but it never gets past that point either. I have my system dump that I made immediatly after rooting that I will upload in a few minutes. I would like a LiveSuit flashable rom from this, but I was wondering how difficult it would be to create one myself. Any help repairing my tablet will be appreciated

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, LiveSuite isn't the answer to your problem. The system dump is. That is why we have you make one. In any event, there are instructions on the forum for restoring the tablet using a system dump. Assuming you have ClockworkMod as your recovery, you could install the Mobiz v2 ROM, once you replace the libs directory in the Mobiz zip file with the one from your system dump. It has on screen volume controls as well as the Play Store already installed. There is a flashable zip version of the stock ROM available, but again, you'd need to replace the libs directory.

The point here is that your tablet is fixable without resorting to LiveSuite.