flytouch SDHC slot not working properly?

overlordmode

Sep 26, 2010
Hi, not sure if this is the place for this, but I did a forum search and couldn't find this issue anywhere - But I can't update my flytouch, because out of the box, when I try to stick in my sd card, it presses in against the spring, but doesn't 'click' into place, so it keeps poking back out. if I hold it in, the device recognizes it, but it won't STAY in place - I'm afraid of holding it in during the update process because I am not farmiliar with the process (how long it will take, what happens if it is interrupted in mid-update, etc)

anyone farmiliar with this issue, and know if it's a physical thing I can just open it up and correct? or an alternative way to updating this device? It's really, really slow. Thanks

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes do that dunl said, as I do the same thing. I try not pull it out as much and use iPod/iTouch cable.

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
overlordmode, I have the same problem, I was totally flipping cause it used to be fine. Well here's the catch:

I've succeeded inserting the sdhc card again because I pushed it a bit up (or down) while sliding it in! If failed, try again after taking the sdhc card out!

WARNING! Do not use any force, I think you'll break it quite fast!