flytouch SDHC slot not working properly?

overlordmode

Sep 26, 2010
Hi, not sure if this is the place for this, but I did a forum search and couldn't find this issue anywhere - But I can't update my flytouch, because out of the box, when I try to stick in my sd card, it presses in against the spring, but doesn't 'click' into place, so it keeps poking back out. if I hold it in, the device recognizes it, but it won't STAY in place - I'm afraid of holding it in during the update process because I am not farmiliar with the process (how long it will take, what happens if it is interrupted in mid-update, etc)

anyone farmiliar with this issue, and know if it's a physical thing I can just open it up and correct? or an alternative way to updating this device? It's really, really slow. Thanks

Yes do that dunl said, as I do the same thing. I try not pull it out as much and use iPod/iTouch cable.

overlordmode, I have the same problem, I was totally flipping cause it used to be fine. Well here's the catch:

I've succeeded inserting the sdhc card again because I pushed it a bit up (or down) while sliding it in! If failed, try again after taking the sdhc card out!

WARNING! Do not use any force, I think you'll break it quite fast!

Back