Gome Flytouch VIA WM8505 7" Android 1.6 Tablet Description

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Gome Flytouch / Epad

Specifications
This product is most commonly known as the Gome Flytouch in China. There are unbranded generic variants of this device with altered specifications. Specifications for these tablets are typically wrong on shop or seller listings. The following specifications should be more accurate than those listings, but there may still be some minor errors.

mz5Hz.jpg

Specifications:
Type:Touchscreen tablet
Materials:Plastics
Colors:White / Black
Camera: 0.3 Megapixel (some have reported no camera in their units, but there's a slot)
Screen:7" Resisitive Touch screen at 800*480(16:9)
Operating System:Android 1.6
CPU:VIA WM8505 (350MHz)
RAM:256MB DDR2 (128MB version?)
Flash ROM:2GB
Expansion memory:SD/SDHC/MMC up to 32GB
Network connectivity:Wifi or ethernet (RJ45)
Sensors: accelerometer (supports rotation)
Vibration: yes
Battery capacity:2400mah
Ports:USB 2.0 Host /USB 2.0 Device port/3.5 mm headphone jack
Sound: internal microphone and speakers

Links:
http://www.gome.com.cn
FlyTouch Baidu Wiki
Zol.com.cn Review

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Meritline has them for $122 to $125 (promo code drops it to $118) I wanted to test one out so I've ordered one. First it was coming from China now it's coming from Singapore another 2 weeks all together 3 weeks. Sometime later this month, just have to wait and see what really in the box?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
They are literally 'shipping it' to you the cheapest way possible lol.

kannetkeifer

Aug 5, 2010
dont buy that tablet i have one im also in singapore they come with defective adapter and the worst thing is comes with spoiled wifi so cannot use so i tear down i will post later i switch the firmware to flytouch from slatedroid and touch screen is working but the os cant do anything there is like home home or back button is keep pressing all the time also the same as m003 firmware the volume button toggling on screen actual volume button is not working even touch screen is not working

so becareful :)

kannetkeifer

Aug 5, 2010
hi xaueious by the way if you know how to rip the original os from those tablet can you tell me how to guide because my one i mess up already so i have to backup from my friend one for the os to get back to normal then mess up again later on :p im real headache with this device

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I am sure it will read as a gift! If it comes defective which I hope not? Then Meritline told me I can RMA to CA (West Coast) not China for full refund. I have direct contact with them. I don't know why it's coming from Singapore warehouse and not the China warehouse unless they're dropped shipped from China to Singapore then to CA. The process is a long drag out one at best. I get all my computer parts from Meritline well the wireless power adapters and such. But I've notice everything is shipped from Singapore. Sure enough on the light brown package it reads as a gift. The items are sealed in plastic just like you buy them here at a computer show (fair) but I don't pay the jacked up prices.

The other forum has firmware for this and the others to bring it up to the current 2.2.

Last edited:

Halfamaster

Aug 8, 2010
I am sure it will read as a gift! If it comes defective which I hope not? Then Meritline told me I can RMA to CA (West Coast) not China for full refund. I have direct contact with them. I don't know why it's coming from Singapore warehouse and not the China warehouse unless they're dropped shipped from China to Singapore then to CA. The process is a long drag out one at best. I get all my computer parts from Meritline well the wireless power adapters and such. But I've notice everything is shipped from Singapore. Sure enough on the light brown package it reads as a gift. The items are sealed in plastic just like you buy them here at a computer show (fair) but I don't pay the jacked up prices.

The other forum has firmware for this and the others to bring it up to the current 2.2.

Can you please link that "other forum" for the 2.2 firmware update, because i could REALLY use that update... lol :) i searched on google but i found only for cellphones.. rofl

Last edited:

Halfamaster

Aug 8, 2010
Thanks for the reply :)
1.8.2 you say? huh thats .. strange... i just ordered one and i asked them to update the device before sending it to me, and they sayed the device haves now the version 1.9. hmm :/

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I haven't heard of a 1.9. I don't own this device in particular though, and I'm going by Chinese sources.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Android firmware update was posted on Youtube But those are the build numbers that seem to be the only difference. OS seems to be 1.6 still. Unless noted.

Nagasaki

Aug 11, 2010
There is no 2.2 firmware. THe newest is marked 1.8.2 here:
Index of /xaueious/VIAWM8505/Gome%20Flytouch/1.8.2_2010.07.15/

This is for the Gome Flytouch pictured. It shouldn't work for other devices. If you get demo verino expirted, just change the date on the device.

Thanks, but how do i instal this on my Gome Fytouch?

edit

i found this in a readme but it did not help

"To install firmware, extract the contents of script inside script.rar to the root directory of the SDCard, and proceed to reboot the device"

Last edited:

Jeaton

Aug 14, 2010
There is no 2.2 firmware. THe newest is marked 1.8.2 here:
Index of /xaueious/VIAWM8505/Gome%20Flytouch/1.8.2_2010.07.15/

This is for the Gome Flytouch pictured. It shouldn't work for other devices. If you get demo verino expirted, just change the date on the device.

Question, will this possibly work with the Lanpad 7" with the Via 8508 ARM926 533MHz CPU? I really should have done more research before ordering this unit, hoping that maybe there's better battery management with a firmware update.

Thanks

John

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010