Greetings and a Request for Assistance

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Really, the thread that I am working on to resolve recovery issues will cover it completely, I will try to remember to come back here and link to it when it's done. Otherwise, PM LocalStain or myself.

redgiant

May 1, 2011
OK, you want to burn a bootable Froyo SD (you said you can do that)
Boot to the Froyo SD
Connect to your pc via USB (this should make the FroyoSd pop up as a new drive in Windows)
Open Folder to view files
Copy the Boot.img and System.img files to the /sdcard folder in the Froyo

Load up a command prompt and enter the adb commands:
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1
dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
Power down the nook
Remove the sd card
Power on ... what do you have?

Your instructions work but there's a small question. I formatted my nook internal memory(5GB) with SDformatter by mistake and got the fatal warning "Your NOOKcolor encountered a problem that requires a system restart" after reverting back to any stock rom. I used a bootable Froyo card as you told and everything works fine on Froyo. I want to stay with Froyo, but should I copy the Boot.img and System.img to prevent any problems? Also, since my computer doesn't recognize my nook color SD card to view files, how can I copy these two img files? I appreciate your help~

Edit: I just fixed the problem by copying the img files to the SD card with Samba and following gconol instructions in post 11 (Link). These Froyo boot and stock dd images methods are so helpful that they can fix my messed up internal memory.

Last edited: