Help Needed with Google Android Tablet E-reader

ajcrafts

Aug 9, 2010
I am really hoping someone can help me. I bought this tablet for my Mum for Christmas as a cheaper alternative to the sony e-reader which I just couldn't afford but maybe I am now changing my mind. I have put some e-books onto a sd card and have transferred them onto the tablet but I can't fathom out how to use the e-reader which is the main reason I bought it. The instructions are non-existant and |I can't find a web page to help either. I am hoping someone out there has this tablet and can help me fathom it out otherwise I will have wasted my money. It is gret for the internet though and I am impressed with screen size etc but that is little comfort at the moment!:(

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Dont get frustrated yet, have you tried any other ebook readers? in the market there is a grip of readers to choose from so i would look into that first, and if you dont have the market you can always side load a ereader, and all the readers i have used never made me transfer my ebooks to the device it self it just always read them off the memory card. if you need more help just let me know

ajcrafts

Aug 9, 2010
Thanks, I think I will download another reader onto it that i AM FAMILIAR WITH AND SEE HOW THAT GOES FIRST BEFORE i THROW IT ACROSS THE ROOM!

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
I'm not sure which device or software you are using, but have you tried Aldiko? I find that it meets the basic needs for an eReader and it has access to download books from the internet. I was surprised to see how many books are now Public Domain. You can check out a list of the available public domain books here.

twees

Jul 30, 2010
I am also with the folks saying Aldiko is the way to go. Its a great reader and I am an avid ebook reader myself. I use the free Calibre conversion software...calibre - E-book management
and convert all my ebooks that aren't already epub files to epub format and import and presto! It's a bit of extra work, but very worth it!

allan

Aug 12, 2010
Aldiko will work very good for your mother

I coudnt download it from the app market but on this link you can download it from your pc: Download Aldiko Book Reader for Android

Copy it to your sd card and install the software on your tablet. Many books are free to download

Very simple

nor11wan

Jul 29, 2010
Hi there,I am planning to get a 7" MID with Android 1.5 may I know
if the Aldiko Reader is able to handle multi-languages (I read in English,French,Chinese Simp/Trad format)also most of my collections of e-books are in txt,pdf,pdb,prc format
do I need to make any conversation??
tks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You can read my earlier post about my search for the best reader. It depends upon what format she(you) will be using. I think iReader (LINK Details) in the free version is the best choice. But if you really like it. Pay up for the full version.

scrapp3r

Mar 24, 2011
Ok, here's one that many of you may not have heard. I bought a Pandigital e-reader 7inch color touch. Love it for reading and all, when I got it there was a firmware update that took it to an android OS. Now I can't seem to find any apps or games that are compatible. My cell phone has an android OS and I love it, just seem to be struggling with this one a little. Can't use the Android market as my account there is attached to my cell phone and anything that I download there goes to my phone. Any suggestions and or help in this matter is appriecated. Thank you

HumptyDoe

Apr 22, 2011
I have the android E-reader from google and I have added the books I have to the memory card I installed the recommended software but can't open the books help idea suggestions please. :confused: