Help - Rooted NC YouTube App Not Working

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
I rooted my 4th NC today (for my sister) and the YouTube App is not working. It won't even open. This was a new NC running 1.0.1 and I used the autonooter process. Everything else seems to be working. Any suggestions?

NCNoob

Dec 29, 2010
Nevermind. I figured it out. I had to install Titanium Backup and Wipe Data for YouTube. It works now.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hello fellow Charlottean.

Very common question
-Nook Color Tool > Settings > Application Manger > All tab (menu/filter all) > Youtube: wipe data

or

-Use Titaniam Backup > backup/restore > Youtube: wipe data

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Wow, it's not often that the OP can answer his own question before Rico chimes in.. is Rico getting slow or are the new members getting faster? :eek:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wow, it's not often that the OP can answer his own question before Rico chimes in.. is Rico getting slow or are the new members getting faster? :eek:

nah, it is just that those answers in the technical threads take longer for rico to type out :)

OldDogEyes

Mar 4, 2011
Hello fellow Charlottean.

Very common question
-Nook Color Tool > Settings > Application Manger > All tab (menu/filter all) > Youtube: wipe data
or
-Use Titaniam Backup > backup/restore > Youtube: wipe data

I must be dense... YouTube quit working (autonooter w/1.10) and I found this tip. When I get into Nook Tools, I don't have an "Application Manger" option. I'm assuming it's the "manage applications" option. When I select that, I have no tabs or menus. I can see all the apps and YouTube is there. When I select YouTube there is no "wipe data" option. The only options I have are to uninstall (which I assume I can't), clear cache, clear defaults and force stop. So is the "clear cache" the option that you were referring to above?

And another question... At this point, I have no way to go back. The back key in button savior doesn't work. If I hit the home button I can go back to the desktop but if I reopen nook color tools, I'm back in the same place. The only way I have found to go back in Nook Color Tools is to power down and power back up. I have a task killer "advanced task killer" and Nook Color Tools is not showing as a running program, otherwise I would kill it. What is the best way to configure the NC so that I have a virtual back button at all times that works?

BTW, clearing the cache as mentioned above did not fix YouTube. So I grabbed Titanium Backup and that approach worked.

Many thanks!
Doug

Last edited:

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
The tip that I found useful was to 'make sure you log out of YouTube before you exit the app' That includes the initial log in process as the final part of the autoroot. I deleted the YouTube app and then re-autorooted and made sure I logged out of Youtube... No problems now. Hope this helps.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I must be dense... YouTube quit working (autonooter w/1.10) and I found this tip. When I get into Nook Tools, I don't have an "Application Manger" option. I'm assuming it's the "manage applications" option. When I select that, I have no tabs or menus. I can see all the apps and YouTube is there. When I select YouTube there is no "wipe data" option. The only options I have are to uninstall (which I assume I can't), clear cache, clear defaults and force stop. So is the "clear cache" the option that you were referring to above?

And another question... At this point, I have no way to go back. The back key in button savior doesn't work. If I hit the home button I can go back to the desktop but if I reopen nook color tools, I'm back in the same place. The only way I have found to go back in Nook Color Tools is to power down and power back up. I have a task killer "advanced task killer" and Nook Color Tools is not showing as a running program, otherwise I would kill it. What is the best way to configure the NC so that I have a virtual back button at all times that works?

BTW, clearing the cache as mentioned above did not fix YouTube. So I grabbed Titanium Backup and that approach worked.

Many thanks!
Doug

Sorry. I posted both options since I couldn't recall off hand which had the wipe data options. I see now the "wipe data" option is in Titanium Backup > backup/restore > Youtube: wipe data
On your second question if you are using Button Savior, make sure you have usb debugging mode on or the back and sub menu buttons, won't work: Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Development: check (or uncheck and recheck) usb debugging, then reboot.