Help with UD 3.3.0 blank boot screen

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
When I boot UD 3.3.0, I get the words "read forever", then a blank screen. After about 30 seconds, if i press the power button, the screen will go black, then when I press it again, I'm taken to my home screen.

I was coming from stock 1.2 (im doing this all on my girlfriends nc), burned CWM 3.0.2.8 to my sd, wiped data & cache, flashed U.D 3.3.0. But when I reboot i get "Read Forever" then after that screen, its just a blank screen for a while. But after 30 seconds, if i press the power button, it brings me to the homescreen. I installed rom manager, fixed permissions, and the issue still persists. I even tried reflashing the rom, but it didnt work. However, if I do a hot reboot, like with LCD Density, then I will actually get the ud boot animation, and will then be taken to the homescreen.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Everything else appears to be in working order, but that blank boot screen really bugs me, and I'd rather she not have to deal with it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Reflash the rom or restore ud3.3 from a backup which you should have did after installing.

or

flash back to b&n 1.1, root, then install CWMR and flash to ud 3.3

msfeingold

Jun 1, 2011
I too am experiencing the same exact problem, a blank screen after booting into 3.3. The only difference was I was coming from Froyo (2.2).
I too, went back to the base (Froyo) and reflashed 3.3 but the results were the same. Everything was fine after pressing the "power" button
after waiting 4-5 minutes. All else works great.
Any ideas??