How can I tether my Archos 101 to a Motorola Cliq XT/T-Moble phone???

bugles910

Jan 9, 2011
Please help me. I'm very computer "illiterate" but I've done a lot of research on the android internet tablets and decided on the Archos 101. I finally got mine and I love it, however, one of the reasons I decided on this one is because it said it would tether through my phone for the internet service when Wi-Fi wasn't available. I've tried everything I can think of, considering my knowledge, and it still won't work. Can anyone help me with this?? I'm devastated right now and I really need help.

Thank you!!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Have you gone to the Archos site and followed the instructions in the online manual. I am tethering via BT DUN, but on some you can do it via PAN. Just go to the site, under support, manuals and the 28/32/43/70/101 manual.

bugles910

Jan 9, 2011
Nope, I've done everything the manual says to do, unless I'm doing something wrong, which wouldn't surprise me since I'm totally illiterate with this sort of thing. I'm very disappointed though because the whole reason I decided on the Archos 101 is so I'd be able to tether with my phone for the internet connection. I should have known better than to think I'd be able to do it. Boy do I wish I could find someone to just set it up for me and be done with it. :-(

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
There are too many details to take the time to talk about them all right now. Do a lot more research. This has been discussed to death!

Not all phones support all kinds of tethering. You have to know if your phone supports it.

The Archos does not support WiFi tethering in ad-hoc mode. Only Infrastructure. Not all phones will do infrastructure mode.

Bluetooth and USB are also unique to each phone. Some phones do not support it at all. Others do.

bugles910

Jan 9, 2011
I heard from Archos Support and they said to contact T-Mobile to find out if I have tethering on my phone. I contacted them and found out it's available but it wasn't activated, so I had them activate it. Still no luck. I got them to pair, but they won't connect VIA bluetooth or USB.