How do I change boot splash?

arachnophile

Dec 14, 2010
Anyone know how to change the very first boot splash screen? The one that comes up the instant you turn the device on? I have an MIDX5A and the previous user changed it to some fruity picture that says I Love You and has flowers and I hate it even though it only appears for about 2-3 seconds.

My device is rooted.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. There are a couple of different ways to do this, but all of them involve changing your ROM.

1. You can either find a custom ROM that has a boot splash you like and flash that way
2. You can flash back to the original ROM that came on the device
3. You can cook your own from scratch and pick whatever you want that image to be

There are probably other ways as well, but those are the basics.

p

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
depending what tablet you got, you should be able to dump the splash / logo partition, edit that and then reflash. Your better off backing up your current rom, if your tablet has custom recovery and flashing to stock and then re-flashing recovery and recovery from backup. A backup will not backup your splash or logo partition, only /data and /system and so on.

It would backup your boot animation but thats easily changed, you can google that yourself :3