How to Get a Working Google Market

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
@RAM85: I was getting that problem on my SYTABEX7 too. I would, on the Home screen, hit Menu then the ADD WIDGET button and a little window would pop up saying that it stopped unexpectedly. And that would happen everytime I tried it. Rebooting didn't help. WI finally did was a "Factory reset" NOT A RECOVERY. Hit menu then settings then scroll down to Privacy. there you can wipe the memory. and When I did that it worked. but a few days later it was doing the same thing. I reset it again and now I have 0.00b of internal memory free. :(
Not really much"help" but you asked if anyone had seen this error....

Ram85

Mar 17, 2011
@RAM85: I was getting that problem on my SYTABEX7 too. I would, on the Home screen, hit Menu then the ADD WIDGET button and a little window would pop up saying that it stopped unexpectedly. And that would happen everytime I tried it. Rebooting didn't help. WI finally did was a "Factory reset" NOT A RECOVERY. Hit menu then settings then scroll down to Privacy. there you can wipe the memory. and When I did that it worked. but a few days later it was doing the same thing. I reset it again and now I have 0.00b of internal memory free. :(
Not really much"help" but you asked if anyone had seen this error....

Yikes. That doesn't sound fun. When you do the factory reset do you have to re-root/install market and apps/uninstall sylvania garbage again? I may just live with no widgets rather than take the risk of bricking it. Everything else seems to be working fine. I also tried a few different launchers but all with the same result.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Yes you would have to re install everything. I would say live with out widgets for now... we are working on the problem... and I can only, somewhat sheepishly, hope that Sylvania is working on it too.

skamp

Mar 25, 2011
I had the same issue with the stock launcher, long press anything caused FC. installed launcherpro and no more issues.

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
Thanks for that. Installing Launcher Pro did the trick for me. However, now I can't add widgets (force closes) . Have you seen that error?
My personal preference on the tablet for launchers was Helix and in the beginning it was Zeam however it has since been discontinued. Give helix a try. Also the apps are there with the stock launcher you just have to add the icons to the app menu. when you're in the app drawer push the menu button the pick add application and the ones you've installed will be listed and you can add them to be displayed with all your other apps. It's a "feature" of the stock launcher that's causing them not to show up.

pr83

Apr 3, 2011
Hi all, I'm new here and looking to get the best out of my Disgo 6000

Thanks to bigwooly for this guide, followed his instructions to a T and now have Market/Google Experience running on it. HOWEVER I am not able to download any apps from the market despite being fully logged into google.

Is the market Regional? Do I need a localised UK version of it to be able to download apps, or is something broken somewhere that can be fixed?

Thanks very much!

EDIT: All sorted, I just wiped it then reinstalled Market, works fine now

Last edited:

pr83

Apr 3, 2011
Yeah I did it from a fresh wipe, weird.

Also, how come it only shows free apps?

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Yeah I did it from a fresh wipe, weird.

Also, how come it only shows free apps?

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum

Since you are in the UK you may need to run Market Enabler to see the paid apps. Search for MarketEnabler_3.1.1.2.apk (there may be newer, but that has worked for me in the past.)

Also, you may need to go into Settings/Applications/Manage applications then select Market. Next you need to force stop the market then clear data, clear cache and run the market again

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
Sorry guys, but all this presumes readers have KNOWLEDGE. I am self admitted novice with not clues AT ALL. Is there somewhere I can read about how to get Android Market or upgrade firmware on an imx515 that does not have USB connection. I am getting frustrated to the point of wanting to smash this @#$%^ thing.......... /sorry

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
@tracy77: I hate to say it.. but Google is gonna be your bestfriend. I will also admit that I am a total newbie to the Android OS. But if you start with a search for forums for your tablet [imx515] You will find a bunch of people like us: learning and doing. If you read things through a few times, and have your tab with you to look at what is being talked about, I am sure you will start to pick up on the concepts and what the buzz words mean. I would also suggest reading the Wiki on the Android OS, so you can get an idea of Android as a whole. Then remember that no question is a bad question. And I have found out new things by answering other peoples questions, so you are helping us by asking.
So what do you want to know? Hit me... If I can't find it... Google can.

tracy77

Apr 6, 2011
Lo and behold, I actually worked out how to connect via adbwireless, now I just need to know exactly what I can do. I am so scared I will type something wrong in the command box and screw up my pad. If someone could only post a vid showing a firmware upgrade or android market upgrade. I tried to follow the instructions here, what a joke. To make sure I don't screw up, can I try the commands on an emulator first?

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
You could set up the Android Debug Bridge and run an emulator on your PC I have done it. Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers
I wonder if there is a way to use the updates we are pulling from InfoTM in the ADB emulator? You know to see what it is before We flash the Tab.
That way we would have a little better access to the files I would think.
Am I wrong cfrockit?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
You could set up the Android Debug Bridge and run an emulator on your PC I have done it. Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers
I wonder if there is a way to use the updates we are pulling from InfoTM in the ADB emulator? You know to see what it is before We flash the Tab.
Am I wrong cfrockit?

A new "How to Get a Working Google Market" Android 2.2 "Froyo" (DG2.20)" will need to be developed using the 2.2 versions of Google Apps (Market, Talk, ect,)

The Ugly Hack method using the Emulator and sqlite DON'T apply to the 2.2 version updates since an AndroidID is generated when you Sign In to Gmail which is already included with the update.

To add Gmail to the applications screen, from the applications screen, press the "Menu" button on the back of the device, click "Add Application", click Gmail.

Upon "Sign In" an "android_id" is created in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db>secure that all Google apps can utilize to authenticate.

Currently the HDPI Google Apps seem to load with some modification however, there seems to be an issue with location settings therefore Market reports "No matching content in Android Market". This statement seems it indicate that the device is not providing a "Location". It also seems that the "Location & security" settings are missing from the "Settings" application on the update tablet with 2.2. Again, this is a work in progress needing it's own discussion.

Bottom line if updated to 2.2 - no need for Emulator to generate AndroidId or to use sqlite to add it.

Last edited:

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Am I wrong cfrockit?

Unfortunately this get us too far because each Android build is specific to the hardware on the device, so the emulator wouldn't react the same way to changes as the tablet would without the presence of an infotm x200 series processor, etc. Worth a try to see how far you can get, but not sure how to "flash" a new rom in the emulator...that itself may be impossible.