[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

HIPPOHIPS

May 24, 2011
I HAVE A SYNET 7LP id:11.2.0.6 i wonder if i can flash it with the 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius ...an is it better than the 11.2.0.6 beta3?

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
I HAVE A SYNET 7LP id:11.2.0.6 i wonder if i can flash it with the 11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius ...an is it better than the 11.2.0.6 beta3?

11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4 is for H/W version 11.2.1.5 which is the SYTABEX7 tablet, so I don't think it would work, it's different H/W, you risk permanent bricking if you try?

BTW as of today
Code:
 http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.0.6&vcode=0
returns:
Code:
 12|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius
BUT
Code:
http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.1.5&vcode=0
returns:
Code:
 1 (nothing)

Last edited:

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
Occasionally my tablet now just shuts down on beta4. It will act as though it is taking longer to run the current activity and then the screen will go blank (it's now off). It will start right back up. I too have had the wifi drop while in use, in beta3 it would only drop if the tablet screen would turn off (after the set time of 10 minutes of non-use). The touch screen seems to work much better.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
The same over here, but mine its not shutting off, it also takes longer to run the way you mention; the wifi drop also if you turn off the screen, and you are right, the touch screen works much better too

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
Occasionally my tablet now just shuts down on beta4. It will act as though it is taking longer to run the current activity and then the screen will go blank (it's now off). It will start right back up. I too have had the wifi drop while in use, in beta3 it would only drop if the tablet screen would turn off (after the set time of 10 minutes of non-use). The touch screen seems to work much better.

By Beta 4 doesn't do that. It has frozen on occasion, and I had to hold the power button to get it to power off. But it never rebooted on its own.

BTW There is a setup parameter for the WiFi called WiFi sleep policy. Wifi>menu>advanced>WiFi sleep policy, you have the options "When screen turns off ", "Never when plugged in", "Never"

john_tartar

May 3, 2011
I have a Sylvania Synet7lp tablet. The hardware version is identified as 11.2.1.5. I don't know what the vcode is.

http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=11.2.1.5&vcode=0

returns nothing.

Is http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.5/11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius the correct 2.2 update?

Are you sure it's a synet7lp? or are you just reading that from the "about" page which is frequently wrong.
But if you are sure the hwver is 11.2.1.5 then you have to correct update.
(There is no HDMI port on hwver 11.2.1.5)

sparek

May 28, 2011
Actually my tablet is currently not working. A colleague of mine has the same tablet. It's the cheap Sylvania tablet that was sold at CVS. Since I can't get into my tablet to read any settings or information, I'm using her tablet as a basis. I'm hoping that they are the same hardware version and everything, that's really about the best I can do. Her's is 11.2.1.5 (cat /proc/cmdline). There is no HDMI port.

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
If it's the CVS version with no HDMI then you have a SYTABEX7.

You need to use one of the 11.2.1.5 updates. Which one is up to you. Beta3 or Beta4 seam to be the safest.

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Wait. I thought in another thread there are at least TWO hwver numbers that have been identified for the Express (CVS version). Don't they risk potentially perma-bricking the tablet if they use that update without verifiying the hwver?

Rrok007

Nov 21, 2010
Total thanks to the forums folks here, especially CF!

I have resurrected my tab from the dead!

So I had a bit of inspiration that maybe I could try the sdcard method in a modified way to fix this instead of getting it RMA'd. Unfortunately, my 12-in-1 from Sandisk didin't want to read my micro in it's adaptor. But then I took a gamble and used my Behold 2 as a drive (Genius? Yes, Stupid? Yes; but that's my style. Clever, but slow; like a retarded fox). I was able to burn the ius for the tabex7 to the microsd, then insert it, and behold! it has risen again! Kind of liking the look of the Froyo... yo. Need some rack time before bed, and won't have much time to play with it tomorrow, but I'll toy with it and see what all happens with it. If anything, I still got time to get the RMA if needed. But yeah, for those who run into issues with connectivity to your computer, it IS POSSIBLE, even if not advised, to use your phone as a drive to burn the image to.

Chuck21

Jun 9, 2011
Hey My name is Charlie I have a SYLVANIA 7'' Mini Tablet/ Model Number SYNET7LP/ Firmware version DG2.02 I need help lots of help I have plugged cord into OTG port on tablet and pressed the power button and something comes up on my computer and says installing device after a few minutes it says unidentified software and yes I have installed that English thing that winRAR I have installed alot and my computer still seems to not pick my device up If I cant get my computer to recognize my device I will never get It to say Communicating with Pc like that picture shows. Please Help You can reach me by phone or on facebook My Number is 724-601-9880 My facebook name is Charlie Hope/ Aliquippa PA 15001 Thank you Hope to hear from someone soon

Chuck21

Jun 9, 2011
Hey My name is Charlie I have a SYLVANIA 7'' Mini Tablet/ Model Number SYNET7LP/ Firmware version DG2.02 I need help lots of help I have plugged cord into OTG port on tablet and pressed the power button and something comes up on my computer and says installing device after a few minutes it says unidentified software and yes I have installed that English thing that winRAR I have installed alot and my computer still seems to not pick my device up If I cant get my computer to recognize my device I will never get It to say Communicating with Pc like that picture shows. Please Help You can reach me by phone or on facebook My Number is 724-601-9880 My facebook name is Charlie Hope/ Aliquippa PA 15001 Thank you Hope to hear from someone soon

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Step 3 has been updated to simplify obtaining the InfoTM Update Wrap tools and instructions. A new version IUW Version 1.2 has been located and it provides additional information for other infoTM devices and confirms that the Hardware ID "hwver" is important to ensure the corresponding update is utilized when updating.

Introduction of IUW Burning Tools
has been posted in the Infotmic Based Forum.

IUW Version 1.2 has been posted at xdadevelopers with some additional development information.