[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

ANjROID

Jun 19, 2011
cfrockit thx for all the info this tool makes life so much better it works everytime. Busybox from amazon bricked my 7lp model so I used all the steps for microsd flash with the 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius works just like when I pulled it out of the box. I have the other two files 2.1,2.2 Ill see if they work also.

chp

Dec 10, 2010
I'm looking for help:
Model SYNET7LP
I have a HWVER 11.2.0.6 and I downloaded the appropriate file as in post #1.
I formatted a 4GB micro SD card and then burned the image to the card using InfoTM Update Wrap Tool.
I installed the SD and booted. I get the booting from SD ... message for about 12 seconds then I get the Take off SD and reboot message.
I press the reset button and repower on and the update doesn't seem to take. I'm still at firmware DG2.02 and Kernal 2.6.32.9.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I'm looking for help:
Model SYNET7LP
I have a HWVER 11.2.0.6 and I downloaded the appropriate file as in post #1.
I formatted a 4GB micro SD card and then burned the image to the card using InfoTM Update Wrap Tool.
I installed the SD and booted. I get the booting from SD ... message for about 12 seconds then I get the Take off SD and reboot message.
I press the reset button and repower on and the update doesn't seem to take. I'm still at firmware DG2.02 and Kernal 2.6.32.9.

chp, from the description it would seem that the InfoTM Update Wrap Tool failed to properly create the disk image on the SD card from the file downloaded.

Delete the partition off the SD card (pictured in post #82), no need to reformat as the IUW utility will create the image needed to update and try to burn the image again to the SD card.

Users continuing to encounter issues with the SD card approach have resorted to use the OTG method with success.

Last edited:

chp

Dec 10, 2010
chp, from the description it would seem that the InfoTM Update Wrap Tool failed to properly create the disk image on the SD card from the file downloaded.

Delete the partition off the SD card (pictured in post #82), no need to reformat as the IUW utility will create the image needed to update and try to burn the image again to the SD card.

Users continuing to encounter issues with the SD card approach have resorted to use the OTG method with success.

Thank you! I had to delete the partition and recreate the image, and everything worked.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Anyone have any idea if there's a beta newer then beta4 for the SYTABEX7?
Some users have had their devices repaired by DG and the tablets are being returned updated to 2.2. We'd like to know what "version" if it's "official" or the same beta4 posted.

keynavy

Jun 30, 2011
ok i'm lke totaly new to the apps world and after owning my synet7lp for 2 days i;ve updated it to 2.2 but now the screen orintation will not work ? what did i do wrong

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
ok i'm lke totaly new to the apps world and after owning my synet7lp for 2 days i;ve updated it to 2.2 but now the screen orintation will not work ? what did i do wrong

Welcome, didn't do anything wrong. As most of the listed updates are beta it seems the orientation and a few other still have not been worked out.

If it is a major annoyance, and since the device is only 2 days old, you could either return it/replace it, or request a Return Merchandise Authorization from Digital Gadgets 1 year warranty support with the hope that the replacement device is running a more "official" update with working screen orientation.

Last edited:

dustov

Jul 2, 2011
I got an official update for my CVS purchased SYTABEX7, Sunday, 7/10/11. Now at Android version "DG2.2.1 -7b1". The opening screen icon arrangement is different as well as the clock. I am trying to see if I can get Android market place but am confused about setting up the account. At least there are a lot more apps availible on the "Slide SAM 4.0" market place app that comes with the SYTABEX7 - and that is something else that is changed, in the "About device" feature of SEttings it now lists the model # as STYABEX7 as is printed on the box. Before it was model # "SYNET7LP".

HIPPOHIPS

May 24, 2011
I HAVE A SYLVANIA SYNET7LP ID:11.2.0.6 I UPDATED IT TO 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius AND IM WONDERING IS THERE A NEWER ROM THAT I CAN USE TO UPDATE MY TAB ..THX

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
So I reflashed back to my firmware, but its still stuck at the boot animation. Sadness.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
So I reflashed back to my firmware, but its still stuck at the boot animation. Sadness.

giveen, Remove the SD and try booting again. I've experienced it hanging on startup and shutdown but removing the working card allowed it to start or shutdown normally. Doesn't happen all the time but when it hangs I get the uh oh feeling. Good luck!

Sent from my p7901ui using Android Tablet Forum

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Nope, no go :( Sad, I guess I'll eventually figure it out or send it RMA to DG.