[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Can you confirm the "hwver" of the device? An attempt to burn the incorrect *ius is suspected to Fail.

Here are the potential Status messages -
Code:
iuw: Failed to get image description magic.
iuw: Unknown type of image.
iuw: Not a valid infoTM wrap! Magic do not match.
iuw: Not a valid infoTM wrap! Hcrc do not match.
iuw: Hcrc passed!!
iuw: Image type %d is not supported currently.
iuw: Not a wrap for the current board.!
iuw: 0x%08x <==> save: 0x%08x, len=0x%x
iuw: Not a valid infoTM wrap! Dcrc do not match.
iuw: Dcrc passed.
iuw: Not a valid infoTM wrap! Image count out of baundry.
iuw: Get image %d faild, maybe the update wrap is demaged.
View attachment 2046

I confirmed it was 11.2.0.6 before I applied the clean wipe, I could do the ugly hack and check the hwver again (unless there's away to check without rooting...) and try a few more times, but I'm certain it was 11.2.0.6 I see the error message in your highlight, I'm trying to guess which one on the list it could be...

skamp

Mar 25, 2011
to check your hwver, dl universal androot, and terminal emulator and run the command cat /proc/cmdline

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Confirmed, im hwver 11.2.0.6....and yes the box turned green when the driver installed....im totally baffled.

mrkavanagh

Apr 7, 2011
this might be off topic, but I thought Froyo could see ad-hoc? I have a motorola milestone running android 2.1 and now my EX7 running 2.2 but can not for the life of me get the tablet to see the ad-hoc that the milestone creates.....help, please?

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
I just picked up a SYNET7LP on EBay today that froze at the Infotmic screen and it wouldn't recover from the SD card or the flash memory. I used the IUW tool, an usb OTG connection to a Vista computer, burned the 11.2.0.6 firmware update and it updated perfectly. Battery life is 5 times what I have with my other Sylvania tablet running Android 2.1. Thank you all for your great work. The only problem so far is Skyfire 3.1 is unstable on this tablet but works fine on the 2.1 tablet. Chuck

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
define "unstable". I am running skyfire 3.0 on my EX7 with froyo and it works fine...

MGGopher

Mar 1, 2011
So is there pretty much universal agreement that the update is worth it? I've had the EX7 rooted with a working market ("Ugly Hack!") for about a month now, and while it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, I actually quite enjoy it. I've read through this thread and have a few questions for those who have done the hack:

1) I'm intrigued by the possibilities of greater speed and better battery life. Has everyone found increases in these after updating?

2) Any downsides you can think of besides losing Market/Voice (and of course the possibility of bricking)?

3) Gmail working fine (this is huge for me)?

4) Can I save the apps I currently have installed? I'm OK with using Amazon market going forward, but I have a bunch of apps which I'd like to save...

THANKS! I kind of forgot about this forum for a month or so, and I'm AMAZED by how much content you guys have generated on this thing...it's awesome!

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Well, I'm throwing in the towel, 2 separate PC running XP, 1 running Windows 7 (64-bit), all unsuccessful. There has to be a third method to do this, a way it could be pushed thru the adb...I don't mean the flash itself, but possibly a program that could format the microsd with the partition and burn the update on the card so all you do is restart the tablet once its been transferred....In the meantime, I'll just sit and wait.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
I finally got mine updated :)

In order to do it, I had to dual-boot my computer which currently has Windows 7 64bit. I had to install Vista (32 bit), boot into that, then download everything. After that everything worked like a charm for the OTG update.

Everything is fast and smooth. I did have to turn on auto-rotate because the manual was driving me nuts.

Whats amusing is that there is an "update" and I'm downloading it just for fun. lol.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
Mine shows an update to. Running it looks like this is another update that doesn't take.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk.

chuck3565

Apr 5, 2011
define "unstable". I am running skyfire 3.0 on my EX7 with froyo and it works fine...

By unstable I meant extremely slow loading pages and a series of forced closings. However after a reset and two reboots, Skyfire is running fine. Chuck

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
I also see an update and nothing changes after it loads and reboots.
These guys are having their @$$e$ handed to them by the Genius users on this board who have figured out how to run the manual update!

Thanks to all those helping out!

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I also see an update and nothing changes after it loads and reboots.

A few observations - In the DG2.20 Settings application on the Update screen in the upper left it shows Version 10. That's what's being returned by the check "getprop ro.versioncode". Using this I substituted in the get string from Step 2 Example -http : / / 222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=##.#.#.#&vcode=0 where I had noted "the "vcode=" is also a variable in the get command which is checking "ro.versioncode" (adb shell getprop ro.versioncode) however at this time it seems to have no affect on the link returned".

Now using "10" instead of "0" for "vcode" their server thinks there's another update but it downloads the same file as before.

|http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.0.6/11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius

A binary file compare (fc /b <file1> <file2>) shows they're exactly the same and so is the MD5 Checksum using "MD5 Checksum Calculator 0.0.5.58" for 11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius is 2887c290ae01ba0108dd1b7e60608c76.

The only thing different in the returned string is the "12" before the pipe "|" symbol. What is the "12" used for? Searching "|" in a decompiled "Settings.apk" leads to possibly some registration process based on the devices MAC address defined as RegisterKey "/reg.php?action=reg&data=".

Maybe they're trying to keep a database of devices accessing the updates? If this is the case and the device is manually updated outside of there update/registration checks it might be why an update is showing up again OR it's just poor programming. Other thoughts?

Update: Based on LSWONE comments below, if still on DG2.02 the "vcode" is set to "0" thinks there is an update available which will never install.

Last edited:

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
I have not updated to the manual 2.2 yet. I am still debating since I would lose the USB Host feature. I think it will be a good trade off for having Flash working. I think it is sooo funny that they still can't get an update to work and you guys did!
You guys Rock!!!!!

I hope the Sylvania guys are reading these boards.