[How To] Manually Update SYNET7LP/SYTABEX7 to Android 2.2 "Froyo"

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
Installed and working fine. Used the beta4 in the cheaper tablet and the 5_1 in the other. Other than minor issues with screen rotation and no HDMI notification, the tablet works fine. I did get an error while attempting to move contents to the SD card, in Titanium Backup Pro. That error said that my SU permissions were not set correctly on the white board. Hmm? Any ideas?

This just happened to me too!!
This sucks!!!

mrspatch

Dec 28, 2011
Just to let you know my experiences with the disgo 6000 and the froyo update. Two tablets - exactly the same needing the file for the 12.2.0.5. First tablet took it like a dream - although on about device there is no mention of android let alone what version it is. Second tablet was very unstable to begin with - after turning it on and off a few times, it is getting better :) Great site - thank you :D

deltasig91

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you to all the put this site together. I have successfully put my tablet back in working order. I the tablet with the specs below.
Model Number
SYTABEX7-2
Android Version
DG2.20
Hardware ID
Firmware
DG2.2.1-7a3.b5

I rooted it and renamed the Phone.apk file and the tablet didn't like that. I tried to reverse my changes but that didn't work.
- I downloaded the file below using the instructions at the top of the thread for my tablet the file below was downloaded
- http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.3.1/7901UC_11.2.3.1.2.0_beta3.ius
- Used the IUW1.2 application to burn the file to a Micro SD card
- Turned off the tablet
- Inserted the Micro SD card
- Powered on the tablet and the image was burned to the device
Now when I verify the settings in About Device the information below is shown
Model Number
SYNET7LP
Android Version
DG2.20
Kernel version
neville@neville-desktop #17
Hardware ID
The Model number changed from SYTABEX7-2 to SYNET7LP.

Thanks again for all of knowledge on this site.

bumancuzbrah

Dec 29, 2011
I tried to do this but I am not good at this stuff. Is there anyone who has like a zip file that I can just load on my SD card and open it up on the tablet? I downloaded all kinds of stuff to my laptop and still don't know what I'm doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Android Tablet Forum

akt27x

Feb 1, 2012
An alternative method to determine the "hwver", without the need to use adb is through the use of a Terminal Emulator application.

The Android Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich is a VT-100 compatible terminal emulator for Android devices without the need to root. Additional information: jackpal / Android-Terminal-Emulator wiki

After installing the application - From the shell prompt $ type "cat /proc/cmdline" without the "" and click the enter/return key in the bottom to get the "hwver".

Once the "hwver" is determined the remaining steps of the update process can be followed.

I tried this step to get the hwver and all I got was "console=ttySAC3, 115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xeef07901". There was no hwver following that. I then used root explorer to open cmdline and it showed the samething. What other steps can I do to get the hwver?

Not for sure if it matters or not but the Wifi doesn't work on the tablet. I downloaded the rt2870.bin and copied that over the rt2870.bin on the tablet and the wifi still didn't work. So I thought I would update it to see if the wifi works then.

Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

.bi...

akt27x

Feb 1, 2012
I tried this step to get the hwver and all I got was "console=ttySAC3, 115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xeef07901". There was no hwver following that. I then used root explorer to open cmdline and it showed the samething. What other steps can I do to get the hwver?

Not for sure if it matters or not but the Wifi doesn't work on the tablet. I downloaded the rt2870.bin and copied that over the rt2870.bin on the tablet and the wifi still didn't work. So I thought I would update it to see if the wifi works then.

Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Since I couldn't find out the hwver number i started trying to update it with the sd card. Each time I put the SD card in the tablet and started it, it showed "booting from SD". It would then tell me to remove the SD card and reboot the tablet. After doing it four times with four different .ius files nothing changed. I used the following .ius files and the tablet didn't update.

11.2.0.6.2.0_beta3.ius
11.2.0.7.2.0_beta3.ius
11.2.1.5.2.0_beta3_1.ius
11.2.1.5.2.0_beta4.ius

After doing more research on the wifi not working i believe the issue is either a wifi hardware issue on the tablet or the wpa_supplicant.conf file located in /data/misc/wifi. I read that deleting the wpa_supplicant.conf file will get the wifi to work agian. The tablet will create a new one after reboot. I did this and got an error message starting the wifi is unable to start, instead of unable to scan for networks. And the tablet did not create a new one. So I put it back. I got an app called Wifi Fixer. That didn't not help but the log states "Supplicant Nonresponsive". I've done a factory reset but that didn't help. I copied the wpa_supplicant.conf from my EVO and put on the tablet and still got unable to scan for networks. Please let me know if anybody has any other suggestions.

If I can't get the wifi to work I may pawn it. I got it off ebay knowing the wifi didn't work and hoping I could fix it. The idea was it would be a good cheap tablet for my 3 year old to watch Thomas the train on.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
You are very lucky you didn't brick your tablet, because using anything but the hardware version that matches yours usually results in a unrecoveryable brick

TABUPDATE

Apr 4, 2012
hi
i have a sylvania tablet...
model number: SYNETLP (WRONG BTW!!! its suppose to be SYTABEX7)
android version: DG2.20
kernel version: 2.6.32.9 neville@neville-desktop#3
hardware id: 11.2.1.5

can this tablet be updated??? i bought it online but when it came i found out that i could not lock my tablet (need to do this since i have a little bro) and of some other minor issues (otg port dosent work and overall tablet is a little slow for the version)..
if it can, can someone please give me the link to the files??

Last edited:

Michele31415

Jun 4, 2011
Thank you very much for the wonderfully clear and complete directions. I used the OTG/USB method on my Sylvania SYNET7LP running 2.01 and hwver 11.2.0.6. It all worked perfectly. The only difference I found was that all the flashing stuff happened before I needed to press the Reset button. After I did that and powered on again, it simply booted normally, but now running 2.2. One other oddity - after restarting in 2.2, the WiFi wasn't working (claimed it couldn't find my LAN). Rebooting it once more fixed that problem. Downloaded FileExpert from SlideME, used that to sideload UniversalAndroot from my PC, rooted the thing, then was able to install Titanium Backup, restored all my apps from the SD card and we were good to go, ooh rah!

jsevinsk

May 2, 2012
I just bought a SYNET7LP-DS, and when I enter the hardware version in the URL below:

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#333333]http://222.73.93.45/sysup.php?data=12.7.0.12&vcode=0[/COLOR][/LEFT]

All I get back is "1". What am I doing wrong?

John

laurita221

Sep 12, 2012
i have a sylvania zynet7lp that doesnt mount sd card and doesnt read internal memory, coul i use this update for my tablet?