(HOW TO) Uninstall Clockwork Recovery and revert to a stock image

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Apparently IOMonster changed the links on his page after I updated the URl...It is now fixed and linked to the proper files, with proper notation...I think.

rojandroid

Feb 17, 2011
Hi, Darmeen. Thanks for putting all of this info together. I followed your procedure. A couple of issues:

- I had an interesting thing happen when I copied the "nook-complete-restore-1.0.1" to the SD card. I got a message indicating MLO and u-boot.bin were already there and should I overwrite Yes/No. They get created during the image burn. I chose to overwrite.
- After I boot with the SD card in the Nook, I followed the instructions to wipe system and data. I then attempted to install the "romrestore.zip". I get the following error message, and it aborts out.

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "zoom2" || assert failed: getprop("ro.build.device") == "zoom2"
E:Error in /sdcard/romrestore.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Please help.

Thanks, again.
-Roland

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I think you did something wrong...you should be saving the restore as a zip file...don't open it on your pc

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Hi, Darmeen. Thanks for putting all of this info together. I followed your procedure. A couple of issues:

- I had an interesting thing happen when I copied the "nook-complete-restore-1.0.1" to the SD card. I got a message indicating MLO and u-boot.bin were already there and should I overwrite Yes/No. They get created during the image burn. I chose to overwrite.
- After I boot with the SD card in the Nook, I followed the instructions to wipe system and data. I then attempted to install the "romrestore.zip". I get the following error message, and it aborts out.

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "zoom2" || assert failed: getprop("ro.build.device") == "zoom2"
E:Error in /sdcard/romrestore.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Please help.

Thanks, again.
-Roland

Yup, you need to put the "nook-complete-restore-1.0.1.zip" on the SD card, do NOT unpack it. When you use the card to boot into CWR, you select the 'Install Zip from SD" and pick the file.

So you should re-do the creating a bootable SD card step to fix the card, then copy the file over as a zip, then boot it up.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Great find Faceman...I will add it to the OP as an alternative to a full wipe.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
It's at least a "Full Return" style option for folks who are scared of trying the ext4 waters.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah...which reminds me, I should image the CM7 nightly and see what all the fuss is about...

OP Updated for alternative option.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
come on and drink the cyan colored cool-aid!

MMMM, sounds....tasty? :eek:

Honestly, I think with the options listed in this thread, if it boots, we can fix it. May have to knock your NC back into the B&N stone ages, but honestly, if you have done any sort of backups (app backups in titanium or super manager), it won't be very long before you are tappin apps again.

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Hi,

Call me stupid, but here's my story -
was on B&N 1.1 and used AN 3.0 to root - all was good.
decided to try and install CWR and ended up in boot loop.
no probs - will just use this thread and head back to stock and start again (was using this whole exercise as a learning experience to make sure i could do all this without probs - doh!)

So followed instructions to the letter using a 16g class 4 msd card, the 1g clockwork file and the 1.01 stock.

When i rebooted out of clockwork at the end of procedure nook booted, but on the home screen end up with a weird looping and a message that flashes up on the home screen. I would tell you all it says, but it just continually flashes up and can't catch it all but starts with
' initial loading from media provided failed.
Additional information: no such column; thumbnail_url. while compiling: SELECT...etc'

Interestingly i can use the up arrow and go into extras, library and others. in extras i still had a bunch of apps that i thought would not be there as they were loaded from market and the softkeys were still there as well. So it appears i haven't wiped the system at all. If i go into settings-deviceinfo-about your nook color it tells me software version unavailable.

I redid the whole procedure and ended up at the same point.

Any help is appreciated.

cheers,

edit - at this point, using the monster root pack i think i'm back to rooted 1.01 - will let you know if all is good tomorrow, getting late for me

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
It appears the bootable clockwork file was changed (the version I used was 0.4, and the only version he has listed now is 0.7)

Here is version 0.4

I will update the link in the OP to reflect the change.

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Finally back at 1.1, rooted and with cwm working nicely after going from 1.01 to 1.1 with pre-rooted update.
i figure i just didn't follow initial steps in the removal process and ended up with some sort of franken-nook - half stock/half rooted - most likely i didn't clear data.

Thanks for these excellent tut's and fixes!

Cheers,

frodo