(HOW TO) Uninstall Clockwork Recovery and revert to a stock image

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Update to OP:

Added CWRremoval zip file and instructions on removing CWR but retaining root

I know it was said in another post, I am just trying to compile the resources (if the original poster will let me know, I will be more than happy to give proper acknowledgement)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You need the clean stock rom for 1.1 and I haven't seen that image available.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message...although a few electrons were inconvenienced

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
That is just an update, not a complete ROM, that is why it didn't work.

arus

Feb 23, 2011
Update to OP:

Added CWRremoval zip file and instructions on removing CWR but retaining root

I know it was said in another post, I am just trying to compile the resources (if the original poster will let me know, I will be more than happy to give proper acknowledgement)

If i remove CWR (which was installed when i installed Froyo 0.6.8 eMMC - version 3.0.5) will I be able to have the 8 failure Restore method "on" again???

I really dont like the idea of having something messing with my BOOT partition, even if I do have a backup of my "virgin" nook... :(

Any solution for that? i cannot connect on my wifi in this ROM (Froyo 0.6.8 emmc v3).... and now not even for my 1.1 NON ROOTED rom....

Any ideas??? thanks to all

Update
Well, i think the REMOVECWR.zip worked fine.... but now, i just found out a new problem... i tried backup/restore of my first backup of my non rooted 1.1 and i got the surprise... MD5 mismatch ... it seems that i can't go back to my OBE Nook....

Update #2
removing the spaces of the folder's name helps with the MD5 Mismatch... restoring everything from scratch :)

Last edited:

bonzer2u

Jan 29, 2011
Greetings,

I'm currrently running 1.01-rooted and have RM-3.0.1.1/CWM-3.0.0.5 loaded on eMMC.

I want to bump to the current CWM-3.0.2.8 but have a question in regards to the best way to proceed, should I.

1. Launch current RM, reboot into recovery and flash the 'removeclockwork.zip'. Reboot, upgrade RM in market to current 4.x and install CWM-3.0.2.8 from RM? AND if so do I need to wipe the caches before I run the removecw zip file??

or

2. Boot up off an external SD 3.0.2.8 recovery image instead of the eMMC 3.0.0.5 and proceed with option 1 steps.

or

3. Simply update RM to 4.x in market and let it take care of upgrading my existing eMMC CWM 3.0.0.5 to 3.0.2.8?

or ???????

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
#3....if you go to the market, you should see that ROM Manager has an update, which should update just fine.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
#3....if you go to the market, you should see that ROM Manager has an update, which should update just fine.

+1 for #3. Once you have the new ROM Manager choose Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and then choose Nook Color (not old). Reboot and you will be flashed to CWR 3.0.2.8.

JP