Howdy From Texas

co77493

Jul 25, 2010
New user, 5 days with my little apad. So far, so good. 150.00 new in box on Craigslist. A couple of questions. How can I see which processor it has? How can I speed up boot time, I've "killed" everything I can think of, it still takes 45/60 seconds to boot. First android experience as well. Takes some getting used to. Overall, I dig it....

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
New user, 5 days with my little apad. So far, so good. 150.00 new in box on Craigslist. A couple of questions. How can I see which processor it has? How can I speed up boot time, I've "killed" everything I can think of, it still takes 45/60 seconds to boot. First android experience as well. Takes some getting used to. Overall, I dig it....
What part of Texas are you in? I'm surprised you picked one up on Craigslist. Which model did you get (eg. which processor)?

I'm from the DFW area. ;)

co77493

Jul 25, 2010
Opps, sorry, didn't say I'm in Houston. These things are all over CL here. Don't know which processor, that was my ? In the settings menu, its says "generic"... The only other thing is display wont rotate by turning the unit, I have to tap the icon to change oreintation.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
Opps, sorry, didn't say I'm in Houston. These things are all over CL here. Don't know which processor, that was my ? In the settings menu, its says "generic"... The only other thing is display wont rotate by turning the unit, I have to tap the icon to change oreintation.
Doh! Sorry for not reading your post more thoroughly. You can download one of the System Info apps which has a BogoMIPS reading and post that here (2x BogoMIPS = MHz). I can't remember the app name off the top of my head, but I can check on my device later if you need me to.

Or you can post a picture of the device -- you can't always tell 100% which device it is from pictures, but there are some big indicators. For example, the Gome Flytouch style pads are often being sold as aPads and they have the WM8505. You can usually easily identify these by the two speakers on the bottom and the iPhone style port in the middle. The Gome Flytouches also come with an adapter which has two USB ports and an ethernet port on them.

co77493

Jul 25, 2010
Joshua I think you nailed it on whiich unit I have. Gome flytouch.. weird littlee dongle with the 2 usb ports.

Oh well, not a blazing rockchip, but 150 local (no ship,no tax) its still fun.

Have a hard time d/l most aps.. says dowload starting, but never does anything. A couple loaded up no problem, but others... nothing.

Oh, BTW, I found a car charger (Walgreens of all places) for $ 10.00 it has adjustable voltage output, since this thing takes 9 volt input. Plus, its madee in CHINA too, probably same factory.....