[HowTo] Based 1.2 Custom Rom 'Brilliant Corners' - Basic Info & Installation !

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Glad to hear you like BC Sharpe

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Did the update firmware(5274) just to test. I like BC for its familiarity and its much faster than ML. Smoother too. I'd like to see Roebeet make a nvflash update with choices like ML, BC, or 5274 (fully working for me).

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Adelamarc,
Any idea about an unstable battery reading? Every now and then, I get a battery icon on the top bar with a question mark in it, then, back to normal. Just a small glitch, I imagine. I'm not really worried about it, just asking.

sent from my Brilliant Corners 1.3.1Gtablet using Tapatalk

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
Yep it happens to mine as well. I'll see flashback do the same thing. Since it has zero effect on my tab I just shrug my shoulders and keep on going. The correct status always comes back in a minute or so.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Yep it happens to mine as well. I'll see flashback do the same thing. Since it has zero effect on my tab I just shrug my shoulders and keep on going. The correct status always comes back in a minute or so.

Well, if that's the only bug I can find at the moment, then I'm ok. This ROM is really smooth too. The GUI is easy to deal with, not a lot of strange layouts I'm not used to. I've had some weird wake from sleep issues with the wifi that I'd hoped to go away after flashing 1.3.1 update, but no bueno. I'm also using gojimis VTL launcher. I like it for the tab. I did manage to crash it trying to install and use a honeycomb theme on it though. Not gonna do that again. Lol.

*edit* flashed clemsyn's 1.5G overclock kernal. I've had good luck with it thusfar. I keep my same settings... 1.4Ghz high and 912Mhz low. Runs great.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rdpierce

Sep 6, 2011
Is there a release of BC in a .zip format? I'm new to this, but that seems to be a pretty standard installation method from within CWM.

Not that BC was at all difficult to install, but having the .zip format lets you switch between ROM's quickly so you can play with different releases and explore their features before deciding.

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Is there a release of BC in a .zip format? I'm new to this, but that seems to be a pretty standard installation method from within CWM.

Not that BC was at all difficult to install, but having the .zip format lets you switch between ROM's quickly so you can play with different releases and explore their features before deciding.

It is inside the .rar file you downloaded from the listing above. You have to open it first, extract the files to the root directory of your tablet's internal SD card, boot into CWM and flash.

sent from my Century Eyes Gtablet using Tapatalk

rdpierce

Sep 6, 2011
So I just installed BC this morning. It's beautiful, the layout is nice, everything is easy to find and intuitive, the backgrounds and other apps are great.

Then I tried the Market app... I get the same thing I've gotten with several other ROMs, where you try to download an app and it goes into "starting download" and never comes back.

I tried the market app fix from the main post, been googling for the past 2 hours and watched several youtube videos without success.

Is there a fix for this or should I just go back to the stock firmware and bury my head in the sand?

Thanks in advance

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
So I just installed BC this morning. It's beautiful, the layout is nice, everything is easy to find and intuitive, the backgrounds and other apps are great.

Then I tried the Market app... I get the same thing I've gotten with several other ROMs, where you try to download an app and it goes into "starting download" and never comes back.

I tried the market app fix from the main post, been googling for the past 2 hours and watched several youtube videos without success.

Is there a fix for this or should I just go back to the stock firmware and bury my head in the sand?

Thanks in advance

I've had the same issue with several ROMs and basically just persevered.... if at first you don't succeed, keep trying. I usually got it within a few minutes, or tried an extra time or two to get it. I never actually had one not download. I think it may have something to do with all the Market updates that have been put out lately. There is/may be a bug that needs to be fixed.

*edit* just a suggestion rd, we may want to start a thread for this to see who else has this issue also. If there are two, there are probably more.

sent from my Century Eyes Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rdpierce

Sep 6, 2011
Sharpe, Thanks for the rapid reply and the suggestion. Bumped to thread BC 1.3.0 Market Place - Starting Download. Naturally, can't move your post but wanted to ask, you got it to download? I've tried Cyanogen 7, Zentab, some other one I don't even remember (based on Honeycomb) and now BC. I've tried downloading the same app 6 or 7 times and even letting it run all night... seems to be a common problem but no good solution.

If you could reply in the new thread and just copy/paste my post here, that'd be great!

oshopboy

Sep 8, 2011
Guys, wow, allI can say is the differience from the stock rom and brilliant colors, amazing.Bought my gtablet a week ago and have been reading ever since. I have the new1.2 version so I've already played with clockwork mod and tnt lite, but I'mhome now. As far as getting stuck at the splash screen and cycling on and on,the only way I could stop that was to NVflash back to the stock rom. Thank you for the great rom and all the hard work it took. :)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Guys, wow, allI can say is the differience from the stock rom and brilliant colors, amazing.Bought my gtablet a week ago and have been reading ever since. I have the new1.2 version so I've already played with clockwork mod and tnt lite, but I'mhome now. As far as getting stuck at the splash screen and cycling on and on,the only way I could stop that was to NVflash back to the stock rom. Thank you for the great rom and all the hard work it took. :)

I'm glad you're happy with it, but I have a request... Can you not color your font? I have difficulty reading it when dark.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hi Everyone,
I installed the latest version of brilliant corners yesterday..I'd really have to say that I like it better than the rom I was using ( vegan 7.1.0 ). To be honest...there's probably NOT a 'perfect' rom out there,but this one so far seems to appeal to me.
David :)

timborders

Sep 13, 2011
Anyone know why neither the home button on the screen or the touch home button on the gtab don't work after installing Brilliant Corners?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone know why neither the home button on the screen or the touch home button on the gtab don't work after installing Brilliant Corners?

Tim, you may want to reboot and try again. Or, go into clockwork and clear data/factory reset. Hope this helps.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk