[Howto] Install CWM, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix for 1.1 based ROMs

pistoffjstr

Apr 23, 2011
I simply cannot get clockwork mod to install on my g tab i tried it both ways internal and sd card both ways it comes up with the android system recovery then at the bottom of the screen it say finding update package opening update package installing update
Then it just hangs there
What am i doing wrong?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What dev branch are you on, 1.1 or 1.2? you can check by going to settings->about and posting the info here. you may be using the wrong version of Clockwork

pistoffjstr

Apr 23, 2011
Not sure what you mean by Dev branch so heres what it says in "about"
Model number UPS300-2.2
Android os 2.2
Tap UI 1.2-4349
Kernal version 2.6.32.9-00001..........
Build Number FRF91
Thanks

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Tap UI 1.2-4349

You said it right there. You are on the newer 1.2 branch. I do not use 1.2 yet so I don't know exactly what version of CWM you need to use. This thread will not help you. I'm doing some research over the weekend and will have new and updated stickies. Untill then, maybe dave or peter know what version you need.

ops8888

May 28, 2011
Dave,

Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was something different to do or not. I am running g Harmony, but may have to change. I can't get NOOK to load on so I am searching for a compatible ROM so I can have that as well. If you know of something I am open to suggestions!! I want to get the magazines and such and now they support Android tablets!

Thank you again. I really want to fix the market so I can get everything!

Debbie

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Dave,

Thank you! I wasn't sure if there was something different to do or not. I am running g Harmony, but may have to change. I can't get NOOK to load on so I am searching for a compatible ROM so I can have that as well. If you know of something I am open to suggestions!! I want to get the magazines and such and now they support Android tablets!

Thank you again. I really want to fix the market so I can get everything!

Debbie

G-Harmony was my baby for months. Just download the APK. Works fine.

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
I'm trying to attempt 'Objective 6' - Market Fix 2, so that I can access the HD apps in the market. I feel I'm following the instructions for the terminal emulator portion as exactly as I'm able, but I still can't change the build.prop file. When I go back after making the olympus change, it says that it's unable to save the changes. Any advice? Thanks! Great community here!

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I'm trying to attempt 'Objective 6' - Market Fix 2, so that I can access the HD apps in the market. I feel I'm following the instructions for the terminal emulator portion as exactly as I'm able, but I still can't change the build.prop file. When I go back after making the olympus change, it says that it's unable to save the changes. Any advice? Thanks! Great community here!

Are you runing G-Harmony? You only need this fix for 2.2 and 2.3 ROMs. 3.0 ROMs do not require the fix.

Here are the steps. The only reason it won't work is if your not typing it correctly...

First we have to make the /system r/w
1. Download Android Terminal Emulator.
2. Launch the Terminal Emulator.
3. Type the following commands.
a. su (Superuser will pop up. You will need to hit Allow so you can have SuperUser access)
b. mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
c. chmod 777 /system
4. Now reboot your device.
5. You should now be able to edit the /system directory. You can now proceed with the market fix.

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
I'm running CM 7.0.3 and using ES File Explorer. I'm directly copy and pasting steps b and c into the terminal emulator, so I don't think I'm typing incorrectly...

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
Bought the Root Explorer app and was able to save the change to the build.prop file with no problem. Didn't really seem to affect my access to apps in the Market at all, though. Hmm

RumbleKittie

Jun 1, 2011
Yep. Rebooted and everything. Maybe I'll try the other market fix. Can't access apps I feel I should (like Amazon, Groupon, etc.).

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Okay had some issues with my rom so went to reinstall...when I try and wipe cache/user data and such either one i might add it hangs on formatting one or the other and I have to hard boot. Anyone know why it might be doing this.