Huawei S7 discussion archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Not yet, although there are people working feverishly on this topic.

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
Well, standard recovery does factory reset afaik, just adb shell and type reboot recovery or in terminal on device just type su and then reboot recovery and you'll see recovery resets the tablet.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thanks for the tip Razor! didn't think of that, and i think that needs to be added to the Tips and Tweaks sticky!

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
I could spend $299 or less right now on another manufacturer's Android device that either naively comes with 2.2 or has an update out already for 2.2 (example: Archos 101 or 70).

You should do whatever makes you comfortable brother. But given my past experiences with buying Archos products, you can rest assured that that will be the LAST update or piece of customer support you'll see for those devices. I'll never buy another archos device.

Aleco

Dec 9, 2010
S7V100R001C28B010.zip installed fine with the tool kit via adb. When it booted up it had no sound and the camera was wrong, (made for just a front facing camera). I used another zip from
Huawei S7 firmware V100R001C01B01hSP21 - Android @ MoDaCo and used this file instead... S7V100R001C01 . Now I have a faster tablet and even installed Need For Speed which works perfectly. Very nice info, Thanx for the find.

TeenFaces,
Have you tested everything on the S7? Is everything working without issues? What differences do you see with this firmware?

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
SC20101209-024435.png

Nice Home Screen! Is that screen of your Galaxy Tab or Huawei S7 ?

KitN

Dec 1, 2010
I believe that pushing Huawei for a more public announcement on this eases any concerns that we have regarding this.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. A public announcement is all that's needed. Until then I'll keep weighing my option. I still have some time before Xmas. :)

STi

Sep 2, 2010
Galaxy Tab...I don't have an s7. I have an ipad and galaxy tab.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Android Tablet Forum App

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
You should do whatever makes you comfortable brother. But given my past experiences with buying Archos products, you can rest assured that that will be the LAST update or piece of customer support you'll see for those devices. I'll never buy another archos device.

hope u r wrong, just ordered the 1010; BTW, there seems to be a large online community working on different ROMs; so keeping my fingers crossed.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. A public announcement is all that's needed. Until then I'll keep weighing my option. I still have some time before Xmas. :)

agreed. dont think it will happen though..

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
hope u r wrong, just ordered the 1010; BTW, there seems to be a large online community working on different ROMs; so keeping my fingers crossed.
I guess that's my point. There has historically been a very large online community support for Archos products, because Archos themselves fails to support their products. If they did, the community wouldn't be needed. Or at least not so much.

razor950

Nov 25, 2010
I tried out Code Aurora kernel with some small tweaks but it would not boot. I am now backporting huawei changes to latest cyanogenmod kernel, so give or take a few days, I should have the device booting a newer kernel hopefully :)

JackJack

Dec 10, 2010
1. 2.2 is in developing in lab, evering thing looks ok.
2. 2.3 is not in plan now.
3. release date? looks q1 2011, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.