Huawei S7 Dock - Could it be?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Rumored to have HDMI-output, SDHC slot and 2 High-Speed USB ports. Allows you to connect to large screen for 720-p video.

$dock.jpg

nurse_gal

Nov 15, 2010
That looks great. Where did you see this? Is there any information on when/where it can be ordered?

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
This would be an awesome addition! With the S7 being carried by Best Buy I'm really surprised more accessories aren't available.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Just one question...What is that green light on the right, under the front camera?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pizzabox23

Dec 10, 2010
If you have a look on Youtube for the Huawei S7 there is a video at some convention that was held where they showed that dock. If you look there is a HDMI Input, A power input, RCA connection, 2 USB ports (For expandable memory and some kind of playback). If you pause at the right moment also you can see a white looking remote control on the back of the Dock device which I presume controls video playback. I didn't see a SDHC slot but who knows

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg
Enlarge Image by clicking on it

Last edited:

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
Just one question...What is that green light on the right, under the front camera?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

It is actually a "blue" light that is enabled when the front camera is on. I was playing with a bunch of different firmwares, and I noticed this on I think the German one.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
More likely, they are probably waiting to get the next variant of the S7 out there in the market (capacitive screen, Froyo, etc.) to boost competitive sales and the population of these devices to justify the startup and manufacturing costs of complex accessories such as the dock which only a fraction of the tab owners will initially buy. The other problem is the "exclusive" distribution of the S7 through Best Buy in the US doesn't help get these devices widely accepted and Best Buy shares some of the blame for not demonstrating any desire to push Huawei to get the accessories out. Shame they (Huawei/BB) appear not motivated to do this because it is the device accessories that ultimately drive the largest profit margins. Hopefully, they'll get their act together soon.