Infotm(ic) / Sylvania Documentation

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I could probably make an sdbootable install version and dd it, would that help?

Jan 10, 2012
my sytabex7-2 is not recognized or even acknowledged by the pc. i have tried adb and nothing... i have tried xp,vista, and windows 7. i have tried every different cable as well. mine came stock with [av] 2.20, [hid] 11.2.3.1, [fid] dg2.2.1-7a3.b5. any help would be greatly appreciated!

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
secbulk is tricky to set up, it only will be active for a short time without interaction. In linux as root running lsusb and looking for an oscilloscope will tell you if you got it. If you already have a bootable sd, try putting the recovery image in the android folder as either recv_rd.img rec_rd.img or ramdisk.img (last resort) then in terminal emulator type su then reboot recovery.

Jan 8, 2012
Science were having so many issues with decompiling the accual .ius file wouldnt ther be a way to use clockwork recovery to do a nandroid backup then use the back up to modify the sys.img and reflash via recovery lol i do know its not just that easy but it might be a round about way of getting it to work I know TechVendetta has bean working on getting custom roms on infotmic devices but im getting impatient i have checked for updates almost every day. i havent seen anything done in like 2 weeks id like to help if i can im not a rom dev but am a linux user with many programming skills i would like to know what scripts are manufacture specific so i can take a look at them i have gotten busybox on the device havent tryed clockwork recovery on my device cause ive read if it doesnt flash to the right partition it will brick the device I havent read anything that stated on how to make sure it doesnt flash to the wrong partition figured these tools might help someone out with development [TOOL] MTD-Utils for Android (incl. nanddump/nandwrite) - xda-developers these are the mtd util tools for repacking boot images id love to see some progress id like to see a kernal with the ram hack using modules of ram from graphics card to add to my sytabex7-2 measly 256mb of ram Thanks to techvendetta and all other devs that have spent time on this device.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
Sorry im in the hospital, collapsed lung, :( we arent having issues with ius editing on the sytabex or ican. I have half the ics alpha done.

Sent from my wwe10 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 8, 2012
Sry for the rush my friend i wasnt aware of the medical problems with you its always sad to hear that someone with so much skill is having health problems. keep us up to date on how things are going with you. was wondering if you made any advancments on a custom kernel or if we have figured out why adb dooesnt work on this device through the usb ports would like to test but dont know how to debug or restore this device due to the fact that my device doesnt seem to have a recovery or fastboot .All the documentation on this device doesnt give me much. Im getting a secondary tablet a coby so i will be more likely to flash or test things on my sytabex7-2 .Was also wondering if i could do system dump on this device and how to do it is there a way to dump to sd due to there is no adb interface i know wireless adb works a friend of mine made the app dual mount sd was also wondering if this might work on our tablet to at least mount the sd to a windows or a linux machine And thank you again to tech vendetta for all your hard work and for updating us on your status .Hope you get well soon bro.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
As far as system dumping and such you could look at the first few pages of my first thread back when that was all we had. Im getting to new dev tabs soon from another forum member, a sytabex7 and then the sears version. This should give me one device of each standard hardware config for this build series. I cant repo sync here unfortunately so im not progressing with ics until i get out of this hospital and catch up on the week and a half of stuff ill have missed. =[

Jan 8, 2012
Dont know if your using cyans repo or if your using googles repo but if using googles dont think your missing out i havent synced in a while but i have heard googles repo is down so your not missing anything i was wondering what modules control the usb ports maybe i can compare them with other tabletstablets .ko modules and possibly get a working usb debugging working for sytabex7-2 justgot a coby 7125 which is pretty fast as is so im gonna wait to mod that and have no problem bricking the old one dont want to brick it but wanna help make it better and if thats what it takes then so be it and again thanks for the woork and documentation done on this tab

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
right now i only have the 10" model to test on, i have adb over usb working, unless it crashes (which happens spontaneously on these boards) im supposed to be recieving two 7" donation tablets, so when those come in i can perfect my keyboard free recovery and adb etc as well as check compatibility. Im thinking youre right on googles repo, its seems like all my errors are for their code, but after ics they got rid of the mirror and only have one central repo AFAIK. =/ I'll just try it once a day while im trying to catch up on the two weeks of school i missed....

Jan 8, 2012
finish your school work first and foremost im working on a application that gets linux booted on sylvania tablets hopefully i can get it working and running properly maybe you can include it in your rom also wanna talk to the guy that made the zt-180 app to switch to adhoc mode and see if he will allow you to put that in rom tested on my tablet and it works or maybe just send us his wpa_supliment file he is using and get it to pick up wpa and adhoc if you need anything dont hesitate to ask wondering if you are including a swap feature in rom also hit me up later i will send you a add for google plus so wee can chat easyer.

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
I already have all those fixes in my patches, as for linux installing there's two methods, for the chroot method most use you need loopback in the kernel then you just use the linuxinstaller apk. As for native dualbooting, that requires a fixed up uboot, which is dangerous until i get serial on each board. Go ahead and add me if you wanna chat sometime.

TheSoundUnion

Sep 9, 2012
Hey sorry to bother you but i have an Synet7lp-ds hardware id 12.7.0.12 my question is this i dont have otg support and i cant use the bootable sd method is there a ius copy of your rom that i could put on an sd card with iuw 1.2 and do it that way or am i missing something?

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Hey Tech!!!

Hope you are feeling better by now, and got your schoolwork caught up/done!

Dunno if youre still working with the Infotmic tablets, but thought Id supply some info as an 'update'...

Recently bought a 7" with ICS (4.0.3) and it came with a CWM [3e] that InfoTM has SERIOUSLY hampered... in fact only the factory reset works on it.
(It constantly complains about the cache partition being inaccessible too... maybe intentional but maybe not.)

As a side effect of buying this thing I also managed to get my paws on a defective 4.0.3 that MOSTLY works on the DK1031/1032 SuperPADx 10" board (all-ok but NO SOUND, screen slightly shortened)... and have been working with the 3e and tuzz' 4.0.1.5 IOT get one that 1) works on the MMC-based 10" and has all the backup/restore features missing from the 7" 3e version.

I have nearly resolved all the mounting issues of the 4.0.1.5 except for, of course, the ramdisk and kernel portions... which are not saved into the MMC (which is a TF card and can be removed/edited/replaced).

I cannot confirm the above, however, because...

Attempting a backup goes first for the ramdisk which fails and stops the entire process... so backup/restore is INOP until I can determine how to access them OR bypass them.
(They are in NOR flash instead of NAND, and seem unnoticed by the current modules.)

Any thoughts would be appreciated and questions will be readily answered.
Lee B.

Last edited:

TechVendetta

Developer
Aug 17, 2011
sounds just like where I orginally started. So you have a cwr that loads on device now but you have improper mounts? is that it? Im not too familliar with your model but it sounds like its the same setup. If you have your wip source for the recovery i could take a look at it.

And to all the people looking for ius files now that the server is either down or moved, i never thought to download much of the original firmware files. I've been getting alot of file request messages lately so I might have to start up a ius collection thread and find a way to host them.