Installing Nook Color Tools so I can install NON market software

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I have a 1.0 NC that is rooted and all seems to work well with the exception of installing non Market Software. I could not install the Nook Color Tools in the /system/app directory. That directory is protected. I installed it as an app using wirelessADB and the app installs and the "Install Non Market Apps" is checked but it does not work. I tried unchecking it and checking it again but I get an error message that tells me that won't work unless it is in /system/app. I tried putting it in /data/app but that

I tried installing it in the /data/app directory and that did not help.

I am using Root File Manager to move files.

Any Suggestions?

Cen5

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I am not sure about getting it to work in 1.0. You may want to factory restore and sideload the 1.0.1 (not 1.1) and reroot using the autonooter for 1.0.1. I was on 1.0 but went to 1.0.1 and it is much better and nook color tools is already included. I haven't gone to 1.1 yet because there is a bug with clockwork in 1.1.

sent from my rooted nook color

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I have 1.0.0 and it works fine.

I had to install it via ADB though. Do you have ADB working? If you do, do the following:

adb install NookColorTools_0.2.apk

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I have 1.0.0 and it works fine.

I had to install it via ADB though. Do you have ADB working? If you do, do the following:

I exactly that through a wireless adb connection.

I have nuked it all and am stating over. About 60% back to where I was. Nook Color Tools works fine now though.

Cen5

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Good to hear. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.