Is there a lot of upkeep with CM7 root?

jenneelk

May 7, 2011
I wish I'd looked here before buying because now I'm questioning my decision to get an already rooted Nook. It has 2.3.3 and is not on the sd disk which I went back and forth on.. I really thought the disk option was better but a couple reviews said otherwise.
Anyways, is there going to be a lot of updating and upgrading necessary? I'm a complete dunce with android and read up a bit about the benefits and capabilites of the rooted Nook so I went for it and got Gingerbread. (Seemed to be good reviews on YouTube and elsewhere.)

Since this device is coming with everything on it I won't know the first thing about upgrading it.. will this be a problem?

Thanks!!

kabbie1882

Feb 24, 2011
Once you have installed Cyanogen you don't have to update. There are new releases of the mod every so often but you don't have to run them.

If you do decide that you want to update, RomManager does all the work for you. It will download the update, ask you if you want to back up, ask you if its ok to install and boot into recovery and it does everything else with no input. Very very simple.

jenneelk

May 7, 2011
ooh great! I've been reading through these forums and understand about 0 so was really worried about what I'll need to learn in the future.
Thanks!

jinnijinn

Jan 31, 2011
The CM7 7.0.2 stable release does everything--including all sorts of video--so well that I've mostly stopped checking for updates.

I was new to rooting when I bought my nook color, too, but once I'd stumbled through the first few flashes (with oodles of help from the folks in this forum), I actually started enjoying trying new updates. :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The CM7 7.0.2 stable release does everything--including all sorts of video--so well that I've mostly stopped checking for updates.

I was new to rooting when I bought my nook color, too, but once I'd stumbled through the first few flashes (with oodles of help from the folks in this forum), I actually started enjoying trying new updates. :)

Yep the tinkeritus is very contagious around here :D

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Stiill thinking and still on stock but now has updated to 1.2. Not an option to stay here.Thinking seriously to CM7 but internally, not on a bootable sd card. Can one install from the market just getting the app and pressing install direcly from the nook like I did when I rooted my 1.0.1 version? I like to keep it simple if I can.
gg

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Stiill thinking and still on stock but now has updated to 1.2. Not an option to stay here.Thinking seriously to CM7 but internally, not on a bootable sd card. Can one install from the market just getting the app and pressing install direcly from the nook like I did when I rooted my 1.0.1 version? I like to keep it simple if I can.
gg
About the market, do U mean that U want first to download it and then install it later?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Rastaviper,when I was rooted,from my nook I would open market browse around or search for a specific app and hit - install- and it would appear in my drower. I heard it wasn't happening with the manual nooter 4.4.27 for stock 1.2.
Gloria