Jellybean (Android 4.1.1) Update for 7022 [Root and Gapps]

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
This works great compared to the stock rom. I just can't get rid of the damn activation **** and locations doesn't work. oh and I get occational mirroring plus I was able to change the pixel density to 160ppi and it messed up everything. And i was able to install the 1gb root partition which now its like a real tablet. But I like it, it's much better. Thank you.
Just be careful with the density changing. The default is phablet (160dpi), if you change it to tablet (100 dpi or similar) the market app compatibility will diminish (meaning that less apps are available for the tablet).

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

nicholasa

Sep 7, 2011
My default PPI is 120 not 160. When I changed it to 160 it made it look horrible.I think I did everything correctly made the bigger root partition and installed 4.1.1 jellybean. But the stupid activation think pops up all the time. Maybe I installed the wrong ROM, the original fwdn file was no longer valid so I downloaded it from another post by someone, I was having a hard time finding the .IMG file until I downloaded whatever version I did. I'm fairly new to the android rooting thing I'm an iOS guy. But I bought this tablet like a year ago and rooted it right away on 2.3.3 but GB sucked and I saw thus and wanted to try. I like tinkering. Could you post the ROM that you use I'll try it or when I find the file I downloaded I'll post it and maybe you could tell me if its the right one. What's it supposed to look like?

I'm wrong I got it from the original post. But my default ppi is 120. I don't know what's up.

Last edited:

PacifistRiot

Oct 14, 2012
Can someone list all the bugs are are currently in this rom?

Also, if this is an OTA official upgrade for 7022 why do these bugs exist? Are there fundamental between US and German versions of this model?

Oxide

Jul 23, 2011
For some reason this wont install on my tablet, I did all the stuff with the FWDN Software and have the CWM Recovery on the tablet. My problem is it sits on the "installing update" when I try to flash the rom and it just sits there. is there something I'm missing? I've been flashing phones and tablets for awhile and this has me stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.

agadabar

Oct 16, 2012
Works on my tablet - will edit later as I test.

Cool, auctual Jelly Bean, simply used the file in the first post

Google play (google apps) does work. programs install and run properly.

~~~~~~~
The onscreen back button does not work, the home button DOES work, the 3rd button does not.

*** I increased the 1GB increase for my tablet before flashing Jelly Bean ***

Last edited:

Msonata

Nov 10, 2012
So... Is UI hardware acceleration / Project Butter working on this rom? On other devices that I have used, Jelly Bean brought a significant boost to overall smoothness in comparison to Gingerbread. I haven't noticed the same effect on my 7022.

jktriggs

Jun 13, 2012
When I open the Play Store and go to certain apps, I get an error saying that my "device is not compatible with this version." Is anyone else getting this?

YazutsuPL

Nov 17, 2012
So... Is UI hardware acceleration / Project Butter working on this rom? On other devices that I have used, Jelly Bean brought a significant boost to overall smoothness in comparison to Gingerbread. I haven't noticed the same effect on my 7022.

yes, for me too.

I have also noticed that:
wifi speed slows after first sleep.
Once i have got mirrored screen.
And the activation pop-up is killing me.

Have anyone found solution for any of this problems?

EDIT:
Wifi problem solved : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...b-4-1-1-no-wlan-after-standby.html#post253009

EDIT2:
Pop-up activation serial number solved (thanks to onlydave ):
onlydave said:
For registration pop-up try System Tuner. I installed v2.5.1
System Tuner - Startups - Android System - Services - untick "service.update.UpdateService"

Last edited:

onlydave

Oct 16, 2012
For registration pop-up try System Tuner. I installed v2.5.1

System Tuner - Startups - Android System - Services - untick "service.update.UpdateService"

PacifistRiot

Oct 14, 2012
yes, for me too.

I have also noticed that:
wifi speed slows after first sleep.
Once i have got mirrored screen.
And the activation pop-up is killing me.

Have anyone found solution for any of this problems?

EDIT:
Wifi problem solved : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...b-4-1-1-no-wlan-after-standby.html#post253009

EDIT2:
Pop-up activation serial number solved (thanks to onlydave ):

I have never had the problem of the activation popup. My method was to use a german proxy on the coby website and download the update app. Then to download/install I did a trial and error for the serial number (for the last 2 digits) until I found one that works.

There are significant problems for jelly bean though. There seems to be no hardware acceleration since videos are very slow and games are very laggy. I've also had a mirrored screen a couple times, and the screen flashes on and off at a constant rate when idle causing the battery to drop pretty fast.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Is it me or is there no hardware acceleration? Games run like crap, although the rest of the OS works quite well. My touchscreen has some issues around the edges, although I believe it is a problem with my tablet.

DocMCSE

Jun 30, 2011
I figured out the proxy piece and the reason my SDCARD was not mounting correctly. Finally discovered (call me a noob, I deserve it) the German YouTube video and got past the serial number part. Now the only question I can think of is how come the screen no longer rotates?

Last edited:

johnston411

Jan 3, 2013
I've been tinkering with my 7022 and installed this update, after increasing the partition size as explained.

I have two issues which i'm stumped on. My sdcard shows as /mnt/storage and the device can't find it for use with the camera etc. I keep getting the activation pop up too.

Any advice greatly received as my brain is starting to hurt :)