[Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernels

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011
I guess I'll have to try it and find out for myself...

I was from 94, it was smooth, no issues. Then went to 95 plus 5/23. Felt it was a bit laggy in the app drawer. Then I went to 96 plus 5/23. Lag was still there (maybe it was just me) and I experienced SoD at 30% batt. level so I reflashed to 94. It doesn't feel as smooth as it was the first time I installed, maybe because I only wiped dalvik cache. But no SoD so far as it ran down my batt to 3% before turning off.

edit: ROM Manager just whispered, Build 97 is up.

Last edited:

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Got it flashed and got all my apps back (love me some Titanium!).. So far, it's..................... about the same.. But a nice fresh format is always a good thing.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It was at 100% when I flashed, now I'm sitting at 93%.. Nothing running, screen timeout set to 30 minutes, WIFI is on. Not too impressed so far.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
One thing that's bugging me.. I have a CPU/temperature widget and it's sitting at 1.2ghz and not twitching. On the previous ROM, when nothing was running, it'd kick itself down to 300mhz and then jump back up when it was needed. The On-Demand option is gone and all I've got is conservative or performance. Down to 92% now..

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
One thing that's bugging me.. I have a CPU/temperature widget and it's sitting at 1.2ghz and not twitching. On the previous ROM, when nothing was running, it'd kick itself down to 300mhz and then jump back up when it was needed. The On-Demand option is gone and all I've got is conservative or performance. Down to 92% now..

You sure you don't have an app running haywire in the background?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I go to the "battery used" report and it shows me that 61% of my battery usage sinch reboot is by something called android.process.media.. Ever heard of it? It says:

Included packages
Download Manager
DRM Protected Content Storage
Downloads
Media Storage

New one to me..

74%, btw.. Going to do a hard power-off and reboot.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Well, the hard reset managed to get the CPU down to 600mhz and it says 1% cpu is being used (instead of 1.2ghz and 100% before), but I'm now down to 71% battery.. Thinking about re-flashing.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Should I have installed SetCPU or anything beyond what the CM7.95 came with?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Should I have installed SetCPU or anything beyond what the CM7.95 came with?

I'll let LocalStain respond by my understanding is that SetCPU is supported (or at least the custom profile setup is) and the he is using it to achieve the long battery life.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
It got down to 61%, then I shut down the WIFI and put it back on charge.. Without WIFI, the CPU finally dropped itself down to 300mhz..