NEW BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD FOLIO FOR ACER AVAILABLE - Has anyone got one of these yet?

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
Has anyone bought one of these yet? If yes how are they working.

Seems to be available at Sears for around $100 and on Amazon for 1/2 that at $50

I would love some feedback if anyone has any.

Amazon.com: i-Blason NTK Series Premium Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Folding Folio Leather Case For Acer Iconia A500 10.1 16GB 32GB Tablet New: Computers & Accessories

$41wfukas1oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
looks alright. definitely dont get the keyboard from sears, its generic and $100 is a total ripoff price. branded tablet keyboard cases cost $100, while this is a no-name product.
unfortunately there arent many branded a500 keyboard folios, so you are limited for choice

Last edited:

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
I think the sears on and the amazon one are the exact same model from the same company, just a huge price difference. Strange

stratguy

Feb 21, 2012
I've looked at that one too and so far it seems like the best one although on amazon there's not a lot of reviews.

Last edited:

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
Is this the one you guys are referring to? Amazon.com: i-Blason NTK Series Premium Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Folding Folio Leather Case For Acer Iconia A500 10.1 16GB 32GB Tablet New: Computers & Accessories Or is this a newer model? From what I could tell by the pics and the limited reviews it seems to be the best one I've seen yet. There are quite a few USB KB's with built in cases but I'm not crazy about tying up the full size USB port just for the KB.

stratguy

yes that is the same one as shown in the first post in this thread

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
total crap and was returned. I got the Kennsington one and it is fabulous. i love it and it works really really well with the acer

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011

corderoau

May 19, 2012
Has anyone bought one of these yet? If yes how are they working.

Seems to be available at Sears for around $100 and on Amazon for 1/2 that at $50

I would love some feedback if anyone has any.

Amazon.com: i-Blason NTK Series Premium Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Folding Folio Leather Case For Acer Iconia A500 10.1 16GB 32GB Tablet New: Computers & Accessories

View attachment 5799

I bought one of these (althought through eBay I believe it is the same device) to replace my nice leather folio.

The new folio is just as nice and the keyboard is physically well designed and adjustable, however it is almost completely useless and I had to type this response on a laptop as I could not get the keyboard on the Acer to behave long enough to even login.

The bluetooth attaches but disconnects after some random time and does not auto re-attach for ages (often up to 15 minutes).

The silicone keyboard requires enormous force to depress the keys and often gives no response or double characters. It has a ugly feel reminiscent of a security key pad where you only ever type 4 digits. I would have to rate the keyboard as truly horrid!

The magnetic clips to close the case are difficult to align and close properly - making the end of meetings embarassingly slow to depart from.

All in all - don't bother if you are looking for a professionally built item. Kensington do a nice one for the iPad with a really nice real keyboard - don't know about the Acer....

I am going back to my old folio so that I can at least use the screen keyboard.

Zoandroid

Jun 11, 2012
it is honestly one of the worst keyboard folios I have puchased - the kennsington one is fantstic - this one - I love it - Amazon.com: Kensington K39383US Universal KeyFolio Pro Case with Removable Keyboard for Galaxy, Xoom, eeePad Transformer and Other 10-Inch Tablets: Electronics

I am seriously looking at one of these for my A500, but I would like to know how you worked around the fact that all the ports and switches on the A500 are at the corners of the tablet. It seems like every one of them would be covered over by the corner mounts shown in all the pictures. I notice whatever tablet they used in the ad photo has its power switch on the face in the center of the frame.