Nook Color at Walmart $249

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
It's not exactly the deal of the century, but Walmart is now carrying the Nook Color--for a dollar less than the competition. :rolleyes:

Walmart.com: NOOKcolor by Barnes and Noble: eBook Readers

I had to snap a picture the other night, as I didn't believe my eyes:

$IMG_20101222_171453.jpg

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
That is good news. It means B&N had enough NC units to get the sale and distribution of walmart. If B&N didn't have the numbers, walmart wouln't have been interested.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
When I looked for mine, I checked best buy's website, and it was in stock at 80% of the stores in my area. Doesn't appear to be a shortage.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I don't know if inventory numbers have increased, but two weeks back my local BestBuys were selling out each shipment they got within the day. It's also kind of fun to go into B&N and see the small crowd near the front of the store, watching as someone explains how to use the NC.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
No I don't think there is a shortage. If fact, articles report B&N is producing 18k NC's per day and look to sell 1-1.5 million by end of 2011. The point I was making Walmart won't bring anything into their stores unless they know they can get a good supply in it.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablet Forum App

rmr

Dec 4, 2010
Interesting thought that the NC will be sold all over the place like the Kindle. The competition will hopefully drive more innovation.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Interesting thought that the NC will be sold all over the place like the Kindle. The competition will hopefully drive more innovation.
Yep, and I also hope with an expanding user base that we get more attention on the developer side too!

-Matt

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
Wal-Mart is where I purchased mine. 1-31-11 .. Best purchase that I have ever made at WallyWorld